• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Brunt

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are we to assume there's been a setback somewhere along the way?
He came on as a sub in a couple of games at the start of the season so i guess there must have been seeing as that was a number of months ago now.

STURTZ

Thought he was on a six month jobby?

LDNGrecian

Heard from him that he was back in full training and should be available in the squad im the next couple of weeks. He played off the bench earlier in the season but it was a bit too soon and he couldn’t maintain the training so had to have a few weeks to recover. Now is back building fitness.

Better to get him fully fit before risking him. One more injury could be the end of his career.

STURTZ

Heard from him that he was back in full training and should be available in the squad im the next couple of weeks. He played off the bench earlier in the season but it was a bit too soon and he couldn’t maintain the training so had to have a few weeks to recover. Now is back building fitness.

Better to get him fully fit before risking him. One more injury could be the end of his career.
Think that happened a while back.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought he was on a six month jobby?
That's a shame if true. Chronic constipation can be quite debilitating I hear.

IndoMike

Total respect for Brunt in his fight to get fit -it must be bloody frustrating for him, but at Exeter City a couple of weeks tends to be a very optimistic forecast

andrew p long

Total respect for Brunt in his fight to get fit -it must be bloody frustrating for him, but at Exeter City a couple of weeks tends to be a very optimistic forecast
Yes; 'back in full training and should be available in the squad in the next couple of weeks' is miles short of being fit enough to start games. As well as the possibility of another setback, after 18 months+ out it'll take ages to be fully match fit. For example I'd be gobsmacked if Brunt plays two consecutive sets of 90 minutes this season. Let's hope for appearances (and goals!) from off the bench in the next couple of months.

IndoMike

I agree that he should be bedded in gradually when he is ready. Confidence is a huge factor when overcoming his type of injury: he needs to feel comfortable and strong. I really wish him well and if it's not costing the club a fortune then I think we should be patient. For all the criticism of Tisdale it's only fair to say that he does show a caring attitude with players returning from serious injury.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Tisdale does this every couple seasons - signs a player unlikely to hardly kick a ball for 12 month , given all he ever goes on about is the best interest of the club it seems strange

IndoMike

Tisdale does this every couple seasons - signs a player unlikely to hardly kick a ball for 12 month , given all he ever goes on about is the best interest of the club it seems strange
It might be that reduced cost justifies the risk, Credy. We don't know.