• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rochdale versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sam needs a rest. Could go with Brown and Jay upfront.
We played Key up front last time, we’ll be fine whoever’s up top. Let’s send the poisoned dwarf packing again.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
A poor goal to concede.You have to close a player down in that area of the pitch

scottus86

A poor goal to concede.You have to close a player down in that area of the pitch
Jevani Brown just gave up on even trying. The moment he did that before the player had a chance to shoot I was thinking why are you stopping?

On that reason alone, I'd drop him for Amond for the next few games. As GrecianHarris says, he compliments Nombe better than any of our other players and they work well together.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jevani Brown just gave up on even trying. The moment he did that before the player had a chance to shoot I was thinking why are you stopping?

On that reason alone, I'd drop him for Amond for the next few games. As GrecianHarris says, he compliments Nombe better than any of our other players and they work well together.
I think that's more than a little harsh on Jevani who, I thought, was our best attacking player yesterday. If he doesn't complement the rest of our players why is near the top of the the lists for chance creation and assists in League 2.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having to follow the match on text commentary, I get so frustrated by a regular "offside - Jevani Brown/Timothee Dieng tries a through ball but Sam Nombe is caught offside". Maybe those who watch it live can advise whether his pace catches the Lino out or does he need to be more aware of his position? It happens so regularly and it drives me up the wall.
I think when you are trying to use your pace to run onto balls there is always a high chance of getting caught offside but you only need to time it right once to be through on goal.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights (our fans are soo loud!)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Podge didn't miss it was a good save.
Go back and read the post to which I was responding.

Red Devon

Pleased to come away with a point in which sounded a difficult place to get something at....I still believe that what we do or don’t do in January will have a big bearing on our fortunes this season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just watched the highlights and totally agree. Even if he wasn't going to get to the ball just being closer puts pressure on the shot. It's poor from Jevani.

grecIAN Harris

Pleased to come away with a point in which sounded a difficult place to get something at....I still believe that what we do or don’t do in January will have a big bearing on our fortunes this season.
I think the next month's fixtures will have a greater bearing than anything we do or don't do in January. Win our home games and stay undefeated away (preferably beating Village Green) and we will be right in the mix in a strong position. Drop points and we're back fighting amongst the chasing pack which is never the easiest thing to emerge from.