• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rochdale versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Super Ronnie was suggesting something else in case.

Trapdoor

Podge didn't miss it was a good save.
Agreed. Keeper made a brilliant save, Podge had done everything right.
Their goal was a worldy as well. Not much SB could do about it.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. Keeper made a brilliant save, Podge had done everything right.
Their goal was a worldy as well. Not much SB could do about it.
But I think Jevani could have closed him down

older-codger

Having to follow the match on text commentary, I get so frustrated by a regular "offside - Jevani Brown/Timothee Dieng tries a through ball but Sam Nombe is caught offside". Maybe those who watch it live can advise whether his pace catches the Lino out or does he need to be more aware of his position? It happens so regularly and it drives me up the wall.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having to follow the match on text commentary, I get so frustrated by a regular "offside - Jevani Brown/Timothee Dieng tries a through ball but Sam Nombe is caught offside". Maybe those who watch it live can advise whether his pace catches the Lino out or does he need to be more aware of his position? It happens so regularly and it drives me up the wall.
Wasn't big Sam's best game tonight and was off more than on.

Alistair20000

Wasn't big Sam's best game tonight and was off more than on.
Was not that effective this afternoon either :)

Matt Phillips

I don't think it's always Nombe's fault. One of the offsides came from a hopeful ball lifted back into an area, after Nombe was had just competed for the ball with their defender. Also, the service to him didn't help. With some passes coming too late, contributing to him being offside, or more annoyingly far too early, giving the defender a massive headstart. Nombe was quiet, but I felt more because of the lack service, and he still worked his socks off all game chasing lost causes and applying pressure.

Amond is starting to remind me of John O'Flynn... Clever movement, but struggles to finish with time 1-on-1. I know it was a good save, but he snatched at the shot, very similar to his miss at Salford (just before the Caprice shot lead to the OG). I would have expected a striker with his reputation at our level to stick both of those away. Not sure being used just as a sub helps though, and I wouldn't mind him getting a run to get the game sharpness he seems to be lacking right now.

grecIAN Harris

It comes down to the sort of service he is getting. If we're just going to lump long balls at him or past him all the time then he isn't going to be as effective as he could as he doesn't have as much control in the given situation. Play it into him or past him and the beast is released and he is the frightening prospect we know he can be. And this goes back to my disappointment about the link between him and Matt Jay. Matt has the capability to get so much more out of Sam.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

grecIAN Harris

That's the second time seen it and Jevani needed to show some bottle and take one for the team.