• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

RIP Bob Wilson

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saw Bob many times in the IP Stand with other former players.
A nice fella to chat to.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw Bob many times in the IP Stand with other former players.
A nice fella to chat to.
RIP Bob - always a Gentleman

STURTZ

Solid 'keeper, nice chap.

RIP Bob

haka

Thanks for the memories, Bob. He was the first keeper I knew as a "regular", I used to watch him close up from the away end (before it was).

Like many kids of that generation, I thought he was better than Arsenal's version, because all you saw on TV was highlights, keepers letting in goals! Well, he was more than good enough for City in the 4th division, we were lucky to have him.

RIP.

Red red

RIP Bob as many have said was keeper for City when first started supporting and had the privilege to play in same Valiant Solder team in the 80s. Will be missed I am sure

dontpassback

Peter shearing and Bob Wilson,first keepers when I started watching city,a very sad loss and he was a genuine city man through and through,RIP mr Wilson and sincere condolences to you family

STURTZ

Was quite amusing that we had "Bob Wilson" in goal, then we went and signed midfielder Johnny Giles, another player with a more celebrated namesake.

Tim Long

I used to work with Bob's wife, Deidre. Gave her a copy of a programme when City played Cardiff and there was a feature on The Bluebirds' Cup Winners Cup Quarter final against SV Hamburg which Bob played in. Thoughts with her and bob's family at this time.
Nice tweet from Clive Martin who writes for local league programmes.

Larry Wilkie

Peter shearing and Bob Wilson,first keepers when I started watching city,a very sad loss and he was a genuine city man through and through,RIP mr Wilson and sincere condolences to you family
Must have been the same time as me as they are the first two I remember. Very sad news indeed.

City_Slicker

Sad news, Bob was a true gentleman.

Fitting today that Ollie Watkins gets a hat-trick for Villa - one of Bob's former teams.