• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

RIP Bob Wilson

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's with huge sadness that I have to report that our former goalkeeper Bob Wilson died yesterday. He'd had a stroke on Thursday. He was aged 77.

The first keeper I remember wearing the green shirt. Have met him a few times upstairs in the social centre and he came across as a humble and lovely man.

His career history

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
An absolute legend who helped run the community pub in Stoke cannon. Spent many a time chatting to him. He always had time for you if you met him upstairs in the veterans corner.

fabulous bloke and my thoughts go out to his Wife Deidre and the family.

iscalad

So sad. Met him a few times mainly via the Senior Reds. often saw him at matches, he sat in the next block to me. had a few chats with him. A really nice bloke. One of my favourite city players. RIP Bob.😥

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very sad news. RIP Bob.

budegrecian

This has put a real dampener on what was a great weekend.
Didn't know him personally but I was watching City during his time with us & he was a very decent keeper.
He clearly had affection for the club as he was one of the regular ex City players who could be seen turning up to follow the team, on match days.
Thoughts to his family.
R.I.P.

fred binneys head

As others have said and as I’ve said on the social club thread, he was a lovely, sociable and down to earth man who also happened to be a solid keeper for us. Many condolences to his friends and family. RIP Grecian.

andrew p long

A real loss to the club as well as having been a sound keeper for us.Really sad to hear this news.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Awful news. One of my boyhood heroes.

Condolences to his family. RIP Bob.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was goalie when I started to follow the grecians back in the day RIP BW