• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ribeiro to Oxford

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
This season's back four is now looking like JMT on the left, the two Troys and whoever on the right. Perhaps one of the new strikers can slot in there.......

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
On his day. Unfortunately for the majority of last season that day simply didn't happen and he was average at best. Integral part of a calamitous defence and directly responsible for a number of dropped point he did us no favours whatsoever last season. Season before a different story, but last season nothing like. The only pity about him going is he left Woodman behind.
I remember seeing him against Wimbledon the season before last and thinking this is one of the better players we have had in recent years. Given the freedom to attack from full back, he was extremely effective. He was never a good defender and the move to centre back made no sense at all.... However, PT is a stubborn person and having done it and been criticised, he wasn't going to change. If Oxford play him in the position he can be most effective he will do well.

oxford don

Thought it might be someone more local to Gloucester. Good luck to him.. one or two poor games last season when Tis persisted in playing him out of his comfort zone but in the last two seasons easily one of our best.

If I had known he was going to the U's down the road I wouldn't have emigrated.. !

You have a fine footballer and even if he doesn't give you what you want you have got him for nothing so your in a win win situation. He plays well with Sercs too so that's a bonus

I'm afraid the loss of a player like Ribeiro just confirms what we all thought...ECFC have a distinct lack of ambition and will continue to be a Div 2 side ad infinitum until Tis is replaced. He's the Woy Hodgson of the Lower Leagues.

As befitting a team in the nucleus of the academic heartland, Ribs appears to be articulate, intelligent and educated so that's a further bonus for the supporters. !:D

Would you take Woodman too if I paid his salary ???

Up the City/

Avening Posse

On his day. Unfortunately for the majority of last season that day simply didn't happen and he was average at best. Integral part of a calamitous defence and directly responsible for a number of dropped point he did us no favours whatsoever last season. Season before a different story, but last season nothing like. The only pity about him going is he left Woodman behind.
I know where you are coming from Mr Moxey, and he was certainly much better the season before last. But he has the ability and the drive, and once recaptured he will do well. He was moved from RB for periods last season as well which I think stunted his further development and had a negative impact on our results

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

denzil

Team building ?? I think "we're" paying for underachievement last season and the season before that. Team building would be getting better than we have already and if it's a choice of JMT or CRL at left back why do we need Woodman ? Also aren't Troy A-H and Troy B BOTH right sided central defenders and wasn't the problem a few seasons ago that we had two right sided central defenders which was leaving us vulnerable on the left ???? So we've signed exactly the same problem up as before. This is why I was hoping for Dan Seaborne a natural left central defender.

Disappointed with re-signing Woodman but not so TAH. Who will take Rib's role ? Sharron MaCready at right back ??

manc grecian

Another player who ran towards the opposition goal disappears.

Ah well.

LOG

Team building would be getting better than we have already and if it's a choice of JMT or CRL at left back why do we need Woodman ?
Lee Holmes is first choice left back.

Red Bill

Another player who ran towards the opposition goal disappears.

Ah well.
I'm guessing McCreedy will be RB now, he did ok there on a few occasions last year and is good going forward so could be ok again. Lets face it defending wasn't the strongest part of Rib's game so having McCreedy there might not make that much difference defensively.

eurogrecian

Certainly an exciting player when going forward. However, when I have seen him play I have often been a bit alarmed about how often he was caught out of position - and even with his speed not able to recover.
Good luck to him, but I don't think it's the end of the world, our defence was our weak point last season, so something needed to change.