• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reviews

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I once borrowed a friend’s electric bike for a ten second ride round a pub car park and it gave me a semi. Best invention since the Clag-gone machine.
Ooh err missus :eek:

angelic upstart

I use a mountain bike for mucking about on and I found that replacing the chunky tyres with ordinary road ones made life a lot easier, so I'd recommend that for any occasional cyclist.

Essential extra ? Mudguards. Nobody needs wet buttocks just because there's a tempting muddy puddle up ahead.
But you're a fish, surely you don't use mudguards, choosing the watery buttocks instead?

angelic upstart

Electric bikes are the Don, did yelverton to Tavy on one and barely broke a sweat. But too spendy for this occasional use cub.

angelic upstart

Our slow cooker has broken. So I'm told by Mrs AU I need an air fryer what size will I need? Do I need one that cooks rice better than me? Are the brand names worth it ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Our slow cooker has broken. So I'm told by Mrs AU I need an air fryer what size will I need? Do I need one that cooks rice better than me? Are the brand names worth it ?
I have a Ninja and it's good quality. Has 9 functions though I tend to use the slow cooker bit and the wife likes the air fryer function. You probably can do better and cheaper by going to Aldi/Lidl.

manc grecian

I've got a ninja but there's not a day goes by where I wished I'd gone double basket.

mustangspeed2006

I have an Instant Pot. There are nine different functions, but I tend to stick to the slow cook and sauté options. It was around 60 quid and certainly gets a lot of use. It makes top notch rice.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Cooking frozen chips in the air fryer is quick and with excellent results!

Grecian2K

Well we're a TWO Air Frier family (ooh, how posh! 😱)

A basic single basket jobbie for just rustlng up small portions/chips etc.

But sitting next to it is the pride of the kitchen...a Tower Xpress WITH ROTISSERIE! For about £120 an absolute snip.
Big enough to do small meat joints or even chickens on the spinning thing...and pop your roasties to bask in the dripping fat in a tray at the bottom. Perfection. Highly recommended.

Both more than a year old now and still performing their daily duties faultlessly (touch wood!!!). Couple that with a worktop plug in ceramic twin hob and we've got, I like to think, the perfect and cost effective set up.
So good that we've even got shot of our old traditional cooker and freed up some much needed kitchen room for (more) storage space.

And we bought into the items even before they became "fashionable" - the Tower jobbie was less than £100 back them. Shocking to think that, for once, chez 2k was "ahead of the trend". {#smug smilee thing}