• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reviews

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought I'd give this a go. Do you have something you want, you checked it online but for some reason aren't to sure about it? Ask here and the good folk of Exeweb will answer your questions to help you make an informed decision.

I'll start, I want a bike. It needs to be cheap, as it's likely to be used to go on short rides with my children, and will no doubt be used fairly infrequently. I'd like it if it was unlikely to need much in terms of repairs. What type of bike is best? Hybrid, mountain or old school racer? Are there any necessary "extras" that make cycling a better experience for a bald, fat 40 something?

Oldsmobile-88

A ordinary run of the mill bike with a comfy saddle is your best bet.

angelic upstart

Any idea as to what mucka?

Oldsmobile-88

Something like this.I expect they are also available in a larger frame 21”

C2C4AF75-102A-4F30-989F-ECE727C776A5.jpeg

Colesman Ballz

Wot, no Sturmey Archer 3 speed ? :unsure:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I use a mountain bike for mucking about on and I found that replacing the chunky tyres with ordinary road ones made life a lot easier, so I'd recommend that for any occasional cyclist.

Essential extra ? Mudguards. Nobody needs wet buttocks just because there's a tempting muddy puddle up ahead.

Alistair20000

We hired electric bikes to cycle around the vineyards in Chinon in 2019. Bleddy awesome, especially when a hill rocked up. Probably horribly expensive to buy though

Oldsmobile-88

Essential extra ? Mudguards. Nobody needs wet buttocks just because there's a tempting muddy puddle up ahead.
Good shout.

Oldsmobile-88

We hired electric bikes to cycle around the vineyards in Chinon in 2019. Bleddy awesome, especially when a hill rocked up. Probably horribly expensive to buy though
Around £1k to £3k for all singing & dancing.

fred binneys head

I once borrowed a friend’s electric bike for a ten second ride round a pub car park and it gave me a semi. Best invention since the Clag-gone machine.