• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reuben Reid is a Grecian

ecfc2000

Finally, tis has hot something right!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well there's Levi Landricombe at Tivvy. Apparently, as I understand it, he has been 'looked at' but 'has no defensive side to his game's.
Seems akin to criticising some of our defenders for not scoring a lot of goals - christ, one or two of our midfielders get a nosebleed when they're in the vicinity of the opposition box.

According to a local scout only plays with his left and deemed easy to defend against
Though 43 goals in 49 appearances might suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

Saint James

Seems akin to criticising some of our defenders for not scoring a lot of goals - one or two of our midfielders get a nosebleed when there in the vicinity of the opposition box.

Though 43 goals in 49 appearances might suggest otherwise.
It might though the question is would stepping up six levels work with predominantly one foot?

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
It might though the question is would stepping up six levels work with predominantly one foot?
And the answer would likely be it probably wouldn't.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course, that may well be the case, but seems a bit harsh to suggest that someone who's scored 43 goals in 49 appearances is 'easy to defend against'.

Moreover, much as I like Macca, you'd have to go a long way to find a player as one-footed.

Last edited:

manc grecian

Sean Devines right foot was for standing on.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd suggest that scout is clueless. Plenty of players only use one foot.

We have a number of players who rarely use their weaker foot, McAlinden (as egg says) and Moxey spring to mind.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reid hasn't looked too chirpy for a while and no wonder.

Sad to see him go as I rate him however he wasn't a big part of Tisdale's plans.

If Stockley gets injured where are the goals going to come from ?

Langer

We got youth players with 9/10 years of professional coaching behind them to get in first imo.

malcolms

No point keeping a player that we don't play. So good business.
We have a ton of those though!