• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Replacement for Gill

Shamus

James Dunne is the man. Saw enough of him on Saturday to beleive he's the one.

As long as he controls his temper, he'll, and we'll be fine.

Confidence from Kirky!! Wasn't there, but happy if you say he's man enough for it. Look forward to seeing him play.

Paulie

Do we;

a.) want to promote from within to replace Matt Gill
b.) sign somebody new
c.) consider Alex Russell as the replacement

Discuss.
James Dunne. Sorted

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're so well covered to replace gill. Dunne ill take everyones word , harley saunders are both capable. The replacement im REALLY REALLY worried about is the one for Edwards.

im not so sure our centre backs are experienced enough to manage without him. and ive not seen us sign a defensive minded midfielder

but hey, what do I know.

Last edited:

DanceMagnet

James Dunne is the man. Saw enough of him on Saturday to beleive he's the one.

As long as he controls his temper, he'll, and we'll be fine.
I must admit, I was impressed by Dunne in the relatively short time he was on the pitch on Saturday.

I also thought Michael Noone did well when he came on, more so than Scott Golbourne TBH.

DM

city_red

Russell must be well down the list. I haven't seen him have a good game yet and again he looked very short on ideas and class on Saturday. Dunne, Bertie or Manny for me.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
You will never find an identical player to Gill no matter how much you look for one.Each player has his own individual qualities.Tis will be looking for a midfield combination that replaces what we had last year.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Confidence from Kirky!! Wasn't there, but happy if you say he's man enough for it. Look forward to seeing him play.
Good players always find time on the ball, and look comfortable on it. He looked like he knew exactly where to be when the ball wasn't near him, and we looked far more cohesive when he came on.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely, Tiz views James Dunne as one of his six 'development' players. Of course, that doesn't mean things can't change but, assuming that's the case, I'd be amazed, given how meticulous Tiz is with his planning, if Dunne were to be a regular in the first team anytime soon.

exeips

Slightly off topic but I see Gill was in the running to be Norwich's captain this season & has now been made vice captain. He was made captain in one of their pre season games.

newburygrecian

Just because he's 18 (?), it doesn't mean that Dunne has been signed as a development player. If he's that good, he'll play.