• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Refreshments at SJP.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I trained as a cook, you know...😄
Do you wanna job 😁

iscalad

Do you wanna job 😁
Happily retired, as well you know😄😄

Alistair20000

I trained as a cook, you know...😄
Shirley you mean “chef” :unsure:

iscalad

Shirley you mean “chef” :unsure:
No I didn't.

Oldsmobile-88

Do they come with onions?
What sort of condiments?
Ketchup & French Mustard from containers.
The brown sauce sachets will not be replaced once they have run out, Brown sauce will also be in a container.

Rosencrantz

No I didn't.
I trained as a chef at one of Exeter's premier hotels (well before it burned down before you ask) and was one for two and a half years but I would call myself a good cook which is why I left the profession.

Oldsmobile-88

I trained as a chef and was one for two and a half years but I would call myself a good cook which is why I left the profession.
I guess you could spot tax payers cooking their books in a subsequent career 😎

Grecian_in_Plymouth

OK.
Apart from the unavailability issues mentioned in other threads for some time I have been banging the drum to improve the supporters experience to help ensure we encourage fans to spend at SJP rather than other hostelries en-route particularly when we aren't doing so well in the league.
Suggestions are:-

1. a food court / fan zone in the players car park (they could be bussed in from CH Training, Stagecoach run E buses in Scotland I believe)
2. pie /pasty supplier "encouraged" to supply, reheat and get hot products to kiosks for sale (mobile with oven / fridges / freezers in car park would do but give them the logistic problem)
3. pull out awnings from walls in the old "Red Square" to shelter under plus provide somewhere to put a drink (shelving around perimeter) which should clear space for movement through the square
4. sort out "blocking queues" in Red Square - ? relocate Kenniford Farm to car park (see 1)
5. provide a proper covered area for Richard Knight & Sylvia to do their pre-match stuff under
6. open up the windows to the FECRACE bar to provide an external covered servery (ventilates FECRACE as well)
7. place an external screen on The Park building wall (reduces crowding in the FECRACE)

I could go on but the Club isn't listening !
UTC
get yourself on the trust

Alistair20000

I trained as a chef at one of Exeter's premier hotels (well before it burned down before you ask) and was one for two and a half years but I would call myself a good cook which is why I left the profession.
What was your signature dish ?

Rosencrantz

What was your signature dish ?
In the absence of a proper pastry chef back in those days, the younger, more inexperienced chef tended to get plonked on that section as a graduation from Veg. Even our eternally grumpy and miserly Second Chef raved about my Sticky Toffee Pudding (one of his favourite's that appeared from time to time on the menu, especially if there was a tour or function) and wouldn't let anyone else make one, especially after someone else had an attempt when I was covering in the Larder section (seen as another step up in that kitchen).

Why I call myself a good cook rather than chef is that we were both following the same recipe, and we couldn't work out what m'colleague had done differently. It was only when standing with them whilst making it again we worked out that I put the remaining poaching liquid from softening the dates in as well (the recipe wasn't really clear whether you should or not).

Last edited: