• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
On some levels I understand the decision and on others I don't..... I've read a lot of Sharpe books and losing the kings colours leads to disgrace but only until the company can redeem itself

However this is a decision for the Red Legion to make (and not us) and if disbanding is what they choose then I'll support their choice. UTC
Kings Colours lost on the battlefield lead to disgrace. The enemy never really sneaked in to the officer's mess after lights out and half inched it, that would be a lack of honour.

I think it just comes as a surprise to some that the "Ultra" code includes something that looks so childish on the surface.

Colesman Ballz

He's explained that the reasoning behind the decision is about 'unwritten rules' amongst football ultras that need to be honoured and not about how hard or not they may or may not be.
Don't get me wrong, the RL have done a great job, and displays like the Liverpool game will live long in my memory. However given the reason that they formed was to support the team/club it seems churlish to chuck it in because some oiks have nicked a piece of cloth, at a time when the club is competing seriously on three fronts, and that support is needed more than ever. When we were relegated to the Conference, bust, and on the verge of going out of existence, the supporters of this club, rallied round and refused to let it die. No matter what hurdle was put in our way, we were resolute and prevailed. We were made of sterner stuff, so it is disappointing to say the very least.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're like Gervais but not.
Hey, you just set it up and I volleyed it in. Great teamwork.

Grecian Max

You lot still going to stand in the BB and sing your hearts out like most home games?

Or is that stopping aswell?
They'll all still go there's just no group now. Means organising displays, specifically sorting atmosphere etc will stop but people will till go and sing etc I'm sure.

Basically they'll do what all other City fans do - pub, football,pub. Instead of fix flags/plan displays/get in the ground early to set things up/get a drummer sorted/fundraise for materials & charity/organise group travel etc , then pub, then football haha

Grecian Max

Don't get me wrong, the RL have done a great job, and displays like the Liverpool game will live long in my memory. However given the reason that they formed was to support the team/club it seems churlish to chuck it in because some oiks have nicked a piece of cloth, at a time when the club is competing seriously on three fronts, and that support is needed more than ever. When we were relegated to the Conference, bust, and on the verge of going out of existence, the supporters of this club, rallied round and refused to let it die. No matter what hurdle was put in our way, we were resolute and prevailed. We were made of sterner stuff, so it is disappointing to say the very least.
We'll still go to matches, just like you. We'll still get behind the team, just like you. Are you upset that we won't be going the extra yard, that loads took the **** out of? If you are, how about you set up a similar group, but within you're own set of beliefs as to how it's run. You'll get pelters from everyone and lose loads of free time but it can be worth it when you see the whole bank bouncing v Argyle.

As for the Conference scenario, I was there for the whole journey as well.

exeter-loyal

They'll all still go there's just no group now. Means organising displays, specifically sorting atmosphere etc will stop but people will till go and sing etc I'm sure.

Basically they'll do what all other City fans do - pub, football,pub. Instead of fix flags/plan displays/get in the ground early to set things up/get a drummer sorted/fundraise for materials & charity/organise group travel etc , then pub, then football haha
Tell the drummer to carry on, generates good noise me thinks!

TOP_CITY_FAN

Tell the drummer to carry on, generates good noise me thinks!
That was what I was gonna say.. Does Adam/Josh not want to drum anymore then?

Grecian Max

That was what I was gonna say.. Does Adam/Josh not want to drum anymore then?
Adam will still drum I’m sure, I’m just not scrabbling round for replacements when he doesn’t turn up now haha

exeter-loyal

Adam will still drum I’m sure, I’m just not scrabbling round for replacements when he doesn’t turn up now haha
Need it for Swindon away. The noise levels are a big impact when you lot are out in force!

Grecian Max

Need it for Swindon away. The noise levels are a big impact when you lot are out in force!
swindon ban drums