• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

John William

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think his point is that if it is the 'code' of the ultras to disband after rival ultras steal your flag, then it must be part of ultra code to steal others flags to force them to do so. Hence being ultras the RL did sign up to this in some way. (And is probably why they have said they aren't bothered about getting the police involved)
I now understand this, but has to say the logic is strange to me. Though I'm now realising that I've become one of the old codgers I used to diss...

IndoMike

I think his point is that if it is the 'code' of the ultras to disband after rival ultras steal your flag, then it must be part of ultra code to steal others flags to force them to do so. Hence being ultras the RL did sign up to this in some way. (And is probably why they have said they aren't bothered about getting the police involved)
I think I'm losing interest in this subject.
I just think the club cannot accept that something was stolen from the ground, that action should be taken to get the banner back, and that the RL should continue as if nothing had happened
The politics of RL and Ultras, however, is beyond my pay scale
UTC

crocks

Pathetic......

i8cornwall

Genuinely can't work out if I'm being trolled or you're legit. Do you understand that it was part of a flag stealing game that the 'victims' were signed up to? I don't have a lawnmower, but if I did, it would probably not be owned in this context. Its not a slippery slope to rape and pillage in the high street. It's kids playing a game that the victims are involved in as participants.
Little know Ultras rule but if you steal another groups lawnmower that you have to cut there clubs pitch before you leave.

Cheers to Jake Taylor for you’re kind words in you’re post vale interview, not widely known but jake has been brilliant towards us over the last 4 years hence why we got him type RL hat.

Anyway let’s all move on from this now, me and the other lads in the now defunct RL have, never know what the future holds and all that..... apart from 6 points over the next two games of course!

denzel

DevonVile has waded in
Apparently, 'nicked' is now an acceptable journalistic term.

Colesman Ballz

DevonVile has waded in
Apparently, 'nicked' is now an acceptable journalistic term.
Yes another sub standard piece of journalism from this website. "Molly" is quick to draw attention to spelling mistakes in her quotes but at the same time her numeracy skills are woeful. Her claim that five Colchester fans are pictured holding up the flag is laughable, try counting up the number of pairs of legs girl, or can't you count up to SEVEN ! LOL.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
My main concern is that the atmosphere for the remainder of the season may suffer, and in some way affect our chances of going up. If the noise at games is unaffected then it’s less of an issue.

Appreciate that the organisation was time consuming, and maybe in some way this is a convenient occurrence to allow them to go back to just attending games, which is obviously up to them.

The only other point is that maybe when they were fundraising and selling merchandise they could have pointed out that “if our banner ever gets nicked we will disband immediately “ to give anyone contributing or buying stuff a heads up.

iscalad

Banner has been returned to SJP

Legohead

Banned
Banner has been returned to SJP
That still means the RL have to disband though unfortunately.

As for the lack of the RL having an impact on results, I don't subscribe to that. Footballers love great atmospheres yes of course but they have a job to do whether there are 1000 people singing or 10 people singing. I have more faith in our squad of players.

The very fact that they have been winning in the leasing.com trophy games in front of generally about 6 people proves that they have the mentality to deliver without the need for any great vocal backing.

Grecian Max

I’m sure the scene will continue under a new name. Happy that Argyle don’t have it. As for Col U nicking it then sending it back... hahahahahahah

That’ll **** off but also delight the moaners ;)