• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

Legohead

Banned
I completely understand what it's like to make a huge decision that goes against the grain based on principles Max so you have my utmost admiration for that. I have never revealed before that I was part of the vocal yellow army down the road at the chipnickers for nearly 15 years. Flags, chants, drums and everything. Especially at northern away games. I switched to Exeter as a matter of principal for reasons that pretty much nobody would understand unless they held a doctorate in psychology or they were particularly adept at keeping an open mind.

Making a bold decision based on principles that you know the majority of people will never understand or never even try to understand is indeed that. Bold.

I don't see anything weak about anything you have done or posted. At all.

budegrecian

I'm of a different generation so you'll have to forgive the fact that, despite reading all the previous posts, I genuinely don't understand why the loss of a flag means that the RL has to disband. That said, I think the RL have had a massively positive impact on the match day atmosphere at the park, for several years now, & for that I thank each & every one of you.
As previously mentioned, you'll still all be there still suporting City so I anticipate something will organically grow, from the ashes of the RL, into something we will all be pleased to see.

hardi2b

Re-brand and reform under a new name. Have to say would never have happened in such a way in the old "cowshed" days.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for all the great displays and the huge boost in atmosphere over the past few seasons.
The banners were great but, to me, it was the effort behind it all that was even more impressive.

I understand the ultra code stuff so fair play on holding to your principles.

I just think it's weird that the 'code' allows for finishing off a group because of a night-time raid in an unguarded stadium.
An act that carries about the same risk as nicking pick a mix from Woolworths used to.

Last edited:

Leads

Good effort over the last few seasons chaps, but when one door closes another opens. Could the time be right for a return of the YST?

Macca

Shame, you guys created a great, positive atmosphere, I hope it will continue without the ultra title/banner.

I no nothing about the ‘code’, however surely it only counts if they physically take it from you during the game etc, not under the cover of darkness the night before with no challenge, bunch of snidey c****.

its the same as punching someone from behind, against unwritten rules.

i8cornwall

You’ve got to appreciate that a lot of fans who didn’t stand with you very much appreciated you, even in other stands. Your work was appreciated so much, going on exeweb won’t have put across the appreciation trust me.
Now I’ve re read that post I do apologise, emotions where running a bit high last night.

Is what it is tho, the world keeps turning and there is still a Exeter city football club.

jimbo-gould

My only problem with this whole thing is that the ‘scene’ respects petty criminals who steal a flag more than someone’s want to do it. If you were not wanting to do it then that’s absolutely fair enough.

Echo what people said in terms of you guys were making a great atmosphere, especially in the big games. So very much appreciate the effort, regardless if you rebrand and go again or not.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because this is a case of theft on land leased by Exeter City, at least the club should contact Colchester United to ask them to organise the return of the flag. At least we can embarrass their fans a bit.
But even if the flag is returned, will the RL reform and continue its great vocal support, or is it all over?.
If our players come out and see no banners and hear no singing, it might have an impact.

StudentGrecian

I see that Mönchengladbach was used as an example of ultras who have disbanded after their main banner was stolen. I believe they carried on till the end of the season afterwards.
Any chance lads? We don’t want to lose the atmosphere you boys create for what is looking like a very important run in.