• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Realistic Values of our players?

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Can't help thinking a lot of people on this thread are living in cloud-cuckoo land.

In the right circumstances, we might make a bit of a return on the 50k we paid for Troy but I'd be amazed if anyone were to offer cash, let alone more than 10k, for any of the others.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

wot he said.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
They all arrived as free transfers, they'll all leave as free transfers, and to clubs lower down than we are.

Red the Paper

Banned
They all arrived as free transfers, they'll all leave as free transfers, and to clubs lower down than we are.
I think that best sums up the situation.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
All of them between £0 and £1.
What he said. No club that is likely to buy any of them would be so desperate/ flush with cash as to part with cash when they could wait until their contracts run out.

Even Swansea didn't want Harley that badly.

Thames Valley Red

Interesting to see people's views, I still think you would be surprised on how other teams value certain players. If you looks at Sercs how many games has he played and he is still a kid. He still has another few years before he reaches his peak. Moxey is doing very well in the Championship.

There's gottabe an Arab billionaire playboy running a club in the UAE that would part with a lot of dosh for some of those that grace the St James Park turf and help push ECFC towards the next level. Just need to find him.

Not sure if the The Grecianettes would all be happy going though.

Ian Sideman

^^^^

I think that's right, with the possible exceptions of Sercombe and maybe Dunne, but I really expect their exit to be when their contracts expire.