• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Realistic Values of our players?

Red the Paper

Banned
Your title was:

Realistic Values of our players?

Please keep to the topic.
^^^^^^^^^Wot he said

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
People who think we will get over 100k for the likes of Duffy are living on another planet, whilst he is a decent player most clubs will now see him as a bit of a lower league journeyman, he has very little if any value like the majority of our squad, most of our players are free transfer jobs as has been proved over the last year or two, take Nardiello for example, if he had better offers in the summer he would have been off quicker than it takes him to get injured.
I am surprised that the content of the replies has not led to one of your:

"I'm laughing reasonably hard at this"

comments.

BTW Love the Xmas hat. Could you lend it to The Cheese.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I get the impression that Sercombe is quite highly sought after so would think he would command a good price
Based on recent form, past tense on that one I fear. Let's hope he discovers the energy and form that made him a subject of rumours this time last year.

Alistair20000

Based on recent form, past tense on that one I fear. Let's hope he discovers the energy and form that made him a subject of rumours this time last year.
Agreed. He has regressed which is very disappointing.

Poultice

Agreed. He has regressed which is very disappointing.
But not unexpected.

Alistair20000

But not unexpected.
Please provide your reasoning.

Poultice

Please provide your reasoning.
Cheesy don't do player development, certainly not enough of it for us to make any money.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheesy don't do player development, certainly not enough of it for us to make any money.
Hmm.

As I've said elsewhere, it seems to me that Sercombe isn't back to full sharpness yet, and more importantly that no-one at the club, including himself, seems to know his best position / role. Maybe he'll get a run at right midfield when Hackett goes back to Millwall?

Doubt if it's anything to do with Tisdale's lack of player development per se, more lack of a settled formation and team selection - most of the latter forced by circumstances, but some of his own making.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't help thinking a lot of people on this thread are living in cloud-cuckoo land.

In the right circumstances, we might make a bit of a return on the 50k we paid for Troy but I'd be amazed if anyone were to offer cash, let alone more than 10k, for any of the others.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
I think the problem with Sercombe is that he is a confidence player but he never seems to have any. If he repeats his goal at Wycombe we could have a different player on our hands