• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reading vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberRed

Was only there was aimson failed a late fitness test
Was Aimson actually at the ground? Can't actually remember seeing him, how late did he 'fail' the fitness test! They trained before they left on Sunday so did he actually travel!

Red faced

And yet our defence has been massively improved over the last 6 or 7 games. This is the first time since Fleetwood and Bolton that we've seen these kinds of mistakes.
But yet our points tally over that time is still appalling - The only thing making it look like a vague improvement is the utterly dogsh*te run before that . Its ony due to that previous run that some of us find our current form more acceptable - Take a look on the fans message boards of the teams we are playing - They all (ALL) comment on how bad we are. Reading fans were mostly agreeing that we played quite nice football but our unforced errors were unbelievble and that every attack down the left they were murdering us (which you have to agree with) . We also seem to be the most common bottom 4 prediction.

The errors from kite, Hartridge & Scott, were literally unacceptable . They happen all to often often and either they get pulled from the team, it gets coached out of them or we go down - simple .

AmberRed

The goalkeeper is the very least of our problems. If I had to nominate player of the year now. It'd be sinisalo.
He's been ok, but not that good! He's no Dawson!

Last edited:

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought tactically things were pretty much spot on yesterday.
The difference was stark however on the quality of the forward line. As we’re about to find out in another transfer window, we can’t afford to compete.

Bat Fastard

The whole Perkins thing is clown stuff and silly games and if he really did it because of coaching from the side then jeez… desperate times.

I can’t fully put my finger on it, but I get the vibe of the leadership being a bit tinpot and loose - it’s little things like the above.
It’s a Caldwell special - like having the squad abducted by the sas

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's been ok, but not that good! He's no Dawson!
Nothing to do with dawson. He's been our best player out of a poor team this season. There's not one other person in that squad I'd vote for.

larrywilkie

I thought tactically things were pretty much spot on yesterday.
The difference was stark however on the quality of the forward line. As we’re about to find out in another transfer window, we can’t afford to compete.
Agreed. Just feel the whole dynamic changes with a couple of lively forwards who are running into space and giving options to the likes of Carroll, Cole, Niskanen and Rankine (who I thought had his best game going forward yesterday). More opportunities to get the ball forward rather than having to check back or go sideways quite so often.

Topsham Boy

Agree with majority of the posts on here.
Kite , Hartridge and Scott all had woeful games and cost us. First and second goals we conceded were very poor. We are desperate for a tough tackling midfielder and two decent strikers.
Chances of staying up? No better than 50/50 and if we lose to Carlisle 😳😱

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought the same re GC’s job stability up until an hour ago… tone and body language feel different, though. Losing back to back relegation rivals at this point feels a step too far to me now. That said, it is very hard to see what the tipping point might actually be! I’m going on a nothing more than hunch!

I absolutely agree that there has to be accountability- but it appears that the club are doing everything they can to give Caldwell January to fix this. It feels like they owe him for August departures… given the poor form for 3 months, it’s almost like there’s nothing more to say. On either side. So… we just wait. See who comes in. Reassess in mid Feb.

Not a great approach, obviously!… but defeat to Carlisle and it’s hard to see who will be left to convince.

These are strange times in deed
Interesting. I'll maybe rewatch it if I've got time. Maybe he's feeling helpless because the signings he was optimistic about have disappeared into the ether? We'll see.

cannockred

Agree with majority of the posts on here.
Kite , Hartridge and Scott all had woeful games and cost us. First and second goals we conceded were very poor. We are desperate for a tough tackling midfielder and two decent strikers.
Chances of staying up? No better than 50/50 and if we lose to Carlisle 😳😱
Funny that re scott. First 10 or 15 mins he was putting himself about and had a couple of passes actually to his own team mates then boom.... back to the scott we know and love.

Status
Not open for further replies.