• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reading vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ok.
Fair enough, I stand corrected.
If I might say so Bridgy I don't think you should stand corrected. You went to the game, you watched the player and you have an opinion on his performance. Some folk appear to believe that their own opinion is the only one of value.

Bridgy 81

If I might say so Bridgy I don't think you should stand corrected. You went to the game, you watched the player and you have an opinion on his performance. Some folk appear to believe that their own opinion is the only one of value.
I know.
Between you and me I don’t actually think I was wrong but I don’t see the point in arguing about it.

denzel

The thing with Scott for me was that he seems peripheral to the action. He's not involved as much as he needs to be, he is often in the wrong place and when he does get there sees the wrong option.
I don't think he wants to be here. Which is fine, just go.

Ian Tarr

And instead of a straightforward lay-off, he seems to want to execute a worldie flick......

Number13

It was loud. Caldwell out chants, Carroll being booed after a crap long pass in added time, Scott booed. It’s a big old toxic mess
And thats actually the worst part for me. Its embarrassing to listen to, especially when 90% of the booing and loud dissent is from kids who have only seen the last 3/4 years. They come bounding down the seats at the end all agressive, get back to school, let the grown ups who have seen the last 25, 35 years discuss what is actually wrong and how it can be sorted

Caldwell isnt leaving anytime soon. Anyone parachuted in now with that squad of players and realistically nobody much good coming in in January, would do no better. Even Pep couldnt make Scott look like a footballer. Now stop booing our players who, in the main are giving everything. Some (most??) arent good enough for L1, thats fine, thats football. There is no booing at Sheff U or Luton (I have season ticket holding sensible friends at both) and they are actually doomed. Why, because their fans seem to grasp better than ours the reality of football in 2024. If we actualy all stick together for our football club, we could get out of this......

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The thing with Scott for me was that he seems peripheral to the action. He's not involved as much as he needs to be, he is often in the wrong place and when he does get there sees the wrong option.
I don't think he wants to be here. Which is fine, just go.
Scott is stealing a living and getting away with it (wait for it).... Scot(t)-free.

Number13

I thought the players gave everything today
Disappointed by the crowd booing the players at the end ,how do we expect them to play for us whilst all we do is boo them.
Think that it could be your son or brother on that pitch how would you feel.
Come on city fans let’s try and do our bit and support the team
Yes some are definitely not up to the mark but our attitude will not help
Is the right response......

StudentGrecian

And thats actually the worst part for me. Its embarrassing to listen to, especially when 90% of the booing and loud dissent is from kids who have only seen the last 3/4 years. They come bounding down the seats at the end all agressive, get back to school, let the grown ups who have seen the last 25, 35 years discuss what is actually wrong and how it can be sorted
That mentality is all wrong. I'm old enough to have seen the last 25 years, but don't value my opinion as anymore than another paying city fan. Those 'kids' (which by no means is it all kids like you're trying to portray') will be the lifeblood of the football club going forward. Alienating them will lead to declining attendances and create more of a struggle for us to compete at this level.

Number13

I thought Jack Aitchison did well today.
He seemed to me to work hard, was tenacious and showed some skill.
I think he might be the most polarising player in the squad......
Scott we all agree is useless and must have the best agent in football
Kite and Hartridge were awful today but on form and confidence, could be good enough for the squad (and are "our own" so we need to keep some of them)
But Aitchison. What is his position? Hes not a striker? Hes not a winger? Must be "a 10" but if so, why does he have no goals or assists? What are his attributes that make him a L1 footballer. He very occasionally does nice things and he clearly tries hard but what is he actually in the team to do? Nobody knows.......

fred binneys head

I really enjoyed watching James Scott’s interview after he scored his first goal at SJP and I think I said at the time that he came across like I would have done if I’d just scored my first goal at SJP, all smiles and energy. Since then I’ve watched him closely whenever he’s played and I think I was right, he looks exactly like I would do if I played for city.

Status
Not open for further replies.