• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Odd to advocate selling a player who is also your profile picture
Read my post, I love him.

iscalad

Odd to advocate selling a player who is also your profile picture
He used to have Tis on his avatar. Fickle or what ☺

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonder if he will be involved today...

If he is, I hope he puts in an excellent performance to put himself in the shop window.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely it most now be a question of when he leaves during this window rather than if. At least with three Championship Clubs actively interested he won’t be going for peanuts.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely it most now be a question of when he leaves during this window rather than if. At least with three Championship Clubs actively interested he won’t be going for peanuts.
He is out of contract at the end of this season and will be over 24 so I doubt we will get much (particularly after Watford take their slice of the pie).

Red Bill

Quite surprised there's that much interest from the championship, still think he's overrated and don't think he's good enough for that level. But clearly the club's mentioned feel different so what do I know!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite surprised there's that much interest from the championship, still think he's overrated and don't think he's good enough for that level. But clearly the club's mentioned feel different so what do I know!
In many respects, I agree Bill. However, football management have a perspective. I suspect that Randell's athleticism and consistent delivery will go in his favour. Lets not forget, that Championship clubs can afford to chuck £250k at a bench warmer.

andrew p long

On the Preston forum there is some suggestion that the Sky report sounds suspiciously like 'agent talk'.

I think that may be right. The idea that three clubs can simultaneously be closing in on the same signing must be hyperbole. This sounds like an attempt to generate competition/interest. Those three clubs weren't in the frame when Hull's bid was rejected and when Peterborough had a bid accepted.

I hope , for RW's sake, that the talk is genuine

(NB however Preston fans were very taken with Randell's highlights of last season)

Rosencrantz

Possibly a bit of interest from one of the clubs and the agent is trying to prod them into action as you say. Highlights reels always show the potential but rarely the reality.

Red Devon

Won’t be going anywhere on today’s performance according to Matt.