• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite surprised there's that much interest from the championship, still think he's overrated and don't think he's good enough for that level. But clearly the club's mentioned feel different so what do I know!
Nothing I have seen to suggest he is Championship level.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
His value is going down by the week.

Scouts should be looking at Randall and Key, not Williams.

I wouldn't be against putting Sparkes in the side in place of Williams and switching Randall over to the right hand side.

Williams needs to contribute more, he's in the same boat as Bowman, selection should be based on form and performances, nothing else.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
We actually won't know how good Randell is until he plays for a team where the opposition don't regard him as the most important player in the team and put two men on him from the off, like every League Two club has done since early last season. I think he could play at Championship level, but not sure. He's definitely a League One player at least. Him and Joel Randall on either wing is a handful for any defence in our league. Find it really weird that people are criticising a player with as much ability as he has. Like he's supposed to be Messi every game or something just because he's our best player.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
We actually won't know how good Randell is until he plays for a team where the opposition don't regard him as the most important player in the team and put two men on him from the off, like every League Two club has done since early last season.
Massive generalisation.

Southend didn't have two players on him today, they simply had a full back with a bit of pace, when Williams comes up against that he often struggles.

Grecianpasty

I didn't watch today's game, so I can't comment on individual performances, however from a defensive perspective if sparkes where to play on the wing we would be a much better defensive unit. I'd like to think the same where to apply if key played on the wing and caprice played full back.

Williams does need to go. We won't see the best of him if he stays.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's looking poor compared to last season where he really developed into probably our most important player, to the point where we were over reliant on him.

Looks like he's trying to do too much at the moment, and we've looked better without him imo.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sparkes and Page down the left could be a strikers dream. Our two best players in terms of delivery into the box. Williams hit to miss ratio in terms of decent crosses etc must be shocking. Whenever he gets the ball you don't expect any end product.

scottus86

Williams is a shadow of himself from last season, he seemed to want an age on the ball and his control has been poor.

I wouldn't mind him being dropped to the bench and having Caprice and Key down the right as someone else said on another thread.

StudentGrecian

Imagine the deal they offered Williams was peanuts if they are having to release players to abide by the salary cap.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
All gone quiet on the transfer front again.