• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Key couldn't jump higher and win more balls in the air than Bowman did yesterday I'd be very surprised, probably would have tucked that easy chance away as well.

As a defender Key is not the solid player we need at right back, on the highlights alone he gave the ball away twice which both could have resulted in Cambridge goals.
I think you mean once and that was from a blind hospital pass from Jake where he was always getting tackled as soon as he touched it. Like Wheeler he is effective in the air, but there are differences in being good from wide areas rather than jumping with your back to goal with a 6"4' defender trying to fore arm smash you in the back of the head. The times we played Wheeler more central during games, he wasn't as effective.

jimbo-gould

Although a silly suggestion to stick him up front, Key is a winger being played at full back.
Just like Trent Alexander Arnold, Jack Stacey and more.

Rosencrantz

...Scott Hiley.

TA-A was actually a central midfielder I think. I'd still like him to go back to that position particularly for England as we have a load of right backs (not Kyle Walker though).

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Key goes to a much higher level I think right back / right wing back would be his best role, he has a raw aggression and energy that suits these roles.

The higher you go the more common quick wide players / wingers become. Key could stand out because he has a good mix in his locker in terms of defensive and attacking abilities.

Rosencrantz

If Key goes to a much higher level I think right back / right wing back would be his best role, he has a raw aggression and energy that suits these roles.

The higher you go the more common quick wide players / wingers become. Key could stand out because he has a good mix in his locker in terms of defensive and attacking abilities.
He has two ways, a Wheeler like winger or Stacey like full back. If you look at the two of them, Stacey probably has the more potential to play higher due to the reasons you stated even though they are both in the Championship at the moment.

Sergeant

Not sure if there's any truth in this but allegedly Stoke & Middlesbrough are sniffing arond with the club rejecting one bid recently.

Grecianpasty

Not sure if there's any truth in this but allegedly Stoke & Middlesbrough are sniffing arond with the club rejecting one bid recently.
Yes I've heard a similar thing. The other rumour being that he has no interest in playing in league one.

budegrecian

Yes I've heard a similar thing. The other rumour being that he has no interest in playing in league one.
What's he going to do when we get promoted then? :rolleyes:

Grecian2K

What's he going to do when we get promoted then? :rolleyes:
Sign for Stevenage, Southend or Scunthorpe for another year in his cosy little L2 comfort blanket?
If he doesn't want to stay then let him go! Sooner rather than later! Free up a wage for someone who WANTS to be a Grecian!
(Just a thought)

jrg333

Every single full back in the pro game started out as a winger. Young kids aren't dreaming of being the next Gary Neville or Danny Mills. I'm not sure why people bring this up as if it's remotely unusual or interesting.