• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
A lot of people take pride in us being an attractive option for a player, allowing us to get players like Williams and Stockley. The second we start standing in player's way, the less desirable we are to a young pro.
Plus, if players know we are a 'shop window' club they'll put in a shift while here.

Dannyred

A lot of people take pride in us being an attractive option for a player, allowing us to get players like Williams and Stockley. The second we start standing in player's way, the less desirable we are to a young pro.
And in 2050 we will still remain in League Two or the National League.

manc grecian

So Brentford use their windfall to buy Ivan Toney from Peterborough to replace Ollie, and Peterborough go bite us on the arse using the money they’ve made. Had naively hoped the Watkins transfer would strengthen, not weaken us!

£200k for our best player in the final year of their contract, when we didn’t need to sell. Not sure about that one
We didn't need to sell but he wouldn't want to stay

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'll have about 50 million in the bank though from academy sales, and Argyle won't exist.....every cloud

iscalad

So Brentford use their windfall to buy Ivan Toney from Peterborough to replace Ollie, and Peterborough go bite us on the arse using the money they’ve made. Had naively hoped the Watkins transfer would strengthen, not weaken us!

£200k for our best player in the final year of their contract, when we didn’t need to sell. Not sure about that one
Toney was bought before Ollie was sold

jimbo-gould

If we solely sign journey men with no sell-on, that’s exactly where we’ll be. Or if we spend all our money on players that’ll get us somewhere for a short time before they leave and we can’t sustain it a position we can drop and drop again.

Fareham Grecian

I genuinely think you would be happier if the club went bust.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably lives in a place 40 mileish W of the fair City of Exeter!
UTC

Dannyred

I think I would be happier if we kept players that would make the team stronger.

i8cornwall

If we solely sign journey men with no sell-on, that’s exactly where we’ll be. Or if we spend all our money on players that’ll get us somewhere for a short time before they leave and we can’t sustain it a position we can drop and drop again.
not disagreeing with you at all but it’s all about the journey not standing still or what ever it is we are doing currently at city.

other then that I agree with you, fine balance needed between “journey men” as you put it and sellable young players.