• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier U23s Cup - 2021/22

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Historically we have used this competition to bring senior players back with game time, but this year such is the strength of our squad at this age level I wonder whether we still will. A team of

Lee
Johnson Dyer Hartridge Rowe
Coley Veale Kite Iseguen
Cox Hanson

To me isn't too shabby to start with, and all under the age limit (subject to Coley Iseguen and Hartridge being fit again particularly as they are unlikely to have travelled the previous night), and it might be a case of Jack Arthur standing in for Harry Lee if he has travelled. The future's bright the future is red & white
Kite will surely be in the squad at Barrow the night before, as will Dyer. If the recent pattern of stopping overnight *after* the game applies then travelling on the day from Barrow to Plymouth (via the C&F?) would seem to me to rule out then playing 90 minutes.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
With the first team game the night before, the COVID outbreak in both the first team and Academy, and the injuries we have, it's difficult to predict which players will be available. However as so many of them are on the fringe of breaking through as well as those mentioned there is also Seymour Dodd, Pond and Neville, who could be playing, the point of my original post was to show how strong the U23 squad appears to be without any support from the overage players

Colesman Ballz

Kite will surely be in the squad at Barrow the night before, as will Dyer. If the recent pattern of stopping overnight *after* the game applies then travelling on the day from Barrow to Plymouth (via the C&F?) would seem to me to rule out then playing 90 minutes.
When playing Barrow last season, didn't the squad travel part of the way back before "overnighting", thereby reducing the journey considerably the following day ? This could help considerably in terms of those on the bench at Barrow being able to take some part at Gnome Park, if required.

andrew p long

With the first team game the night before, the COVID outbreak in both the first team and Academy, and the injuries we have, it's difficult to predict which players will be available. However as so many of them are on the fringe of breaking through as well as those mentioned there is also Seymour Dodd, Pond and Neville, who could be playing, the point of my original post was to show how strong the U23 squad appears to be without any support from the overage players
and the U23 side we could put out if there were no first team game and no injuries, even without the permitted over 23s. For starters (I've doubtless left out one or two)

Lee
Key Dyer Hartridge Rowe
Coley Kite Dodd Sparkes
Nombe Seymour

Subs Arthur Diabate Cox Iseguan Veale Johnson Pond

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
and the U23 side we could put out if there were no first team game and no injuries, even without the permitted over 23s. For starters (I've doubtless left out one or two)

Lee
Key Dyer Hartridge Rowe
Coley Kite Dodd Sparkes
Nombe Seymour

One of the ones you’ve forgotten is Archie!

InMyBlood

Lee
Key Dyer Hartridge Rowe
Coley Kite Dodd Sparkes
Nombe Seymour

One of the ones you’ve forgotten is Archie!
And Hartridge is out with Covid

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Match postponed

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think I heard on Matt's interview that this has now been re-arranged for next Friday (03/09/21) at Gnome Park.

denzel

I think I heard on Matt's interview that this has now been re-arranged for next Friday (03/09/21) at Gnome Park.
Yep, 2pm kick off.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster