• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier U23s Cup - 2021/22

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
For those not wanting to do the trek down the Devon Expressway the opposition are streaming it on Scum TV. Pay on the day available and a live stream on Argyle TV for just £2.50 https://ecfc.co/PLPlym

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
How desperate will we be to win this? I hope very desperate as we were flying in this competition the last time it ran. The reason I ask is that basically we can field a good U23 team with all players being U23, and also not first team players:-

Lee
Pond Dyer Diabete
Johnson Veale Dodds Lilley Rowe
Cox (if fit) Hanson

With the likes of Nelson Iseguen, Toby Neville and Zeph Collins in the background.

However there are a number of first team players that could also qualify (although probably won't play due to the match the next day) in Key, Hartridge, Kite, Seymour, Edwards (if Bristol City let him), Josh Coley (if fit) and Nombe. And then you have the players that need game time with Colin Daniel being the obvious one and any other player we may sign (unlikely but could happen).

So as I say could be interesting but it is always good to get one over the slime, particularly as their Academy is starting to produce some talent that is getting noticed (Luke Jephcott)

Also as some of the players are out on loan what would the position be for the loan club and player as they may have a game the next day?

Last edited:

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
For those not wanting to do the trek down the Devon Expressway the opposition are streaming it on Scum TV. Pay on the day available and a live stream on Argyle TV for just £2.50 https://ecfc.co/PLPlym
I'll be at work anyway but out of interest would any of this money come our way? Yes I know its a paltry sum but I don't like the idea of 100% of money going to the Scum.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll be at work anyway but out of interest would any of this money come our way? Yes I know its a paltry sum but I don't like the idea of 100% of money going to the Scum.
Agreed. I may be wrong but I get the impression that City usually try to make these streams free if at all possible. It's not like a handful of two pound fifties is going to make much of a dent in the millions of pounds the owner has invested in the club.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
How desperate will we be to win this? I hope very desperate as we were flying in this competition the last time it ran. The reason I ask is that basically we can field a good U23 team with all players being U23, and also not first team players:-
absolutely desperate. Winning gives us 6 games against quality U23 outfits. Brilliant experience.

But its a one off tie and if we lose we're out. Because we've done so well in the past, there's the danger of assuming that we always qualify. If we lose it will leave a big gap in the upcoming experience for those talented youngsters.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not looking good on the Friday kick off as the greenies aren't playing the next day unlike us so they may give some of their young first teamers a run, whereas as ours will be needed for Saturday.

Keeping everything crossed still though 🤞

Matt Russell

Not looking good on the Friday kick off as the greenies aren't playing the next day unlike us so they may give some of their young first teamers a run, whereas as ours will be needed for Saturday.

Keeping everything crossed still though 🤞
Except Harry Kite?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Except Harry Kite?
Still needed just unavailable! :)

Squeezebox

Still needed just unavailable! :)
I don't suppose this could count as his 1 match suspension?!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't suppose this could count as his 1 match suspension?!!
I think they changed the rules so that suspensions relate to the competition that the offence took place in.