• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League Cup 2019-20

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds very impressive.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That was Josh Key - Joel Randall is on loan to Weston-Super-Mare which I assume makes him ineligible for the Leasing.com nonsense.
I thought we could borrow them back for the nonsense trophy?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe, but none of our army of players out on loan played against Cheltenham. Josh Key went back to Tiverton after that game while Jayden Richardson played for us.

andrew p long

Like Sea Grecian I am not sure about this either. Certainly the young loanees come back to us for U23 games, but I think the nonsense trophy laughably counts as a first team game for us, so we cannot recall loanees for that (at the time of the Cheltenham game Key was just recovering from injury and hadn’t yet gone out on loan). I am open to correction on this though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Maybe I am confusing it with the U23 competition.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
What makes this result the more impressive is presumably Villa are a cat 1 academy who recently beat Manure U23 4-1 another cat 1 academy and it could be argued that a lot of their youngsters are pushing for first team selection/squad and may not have played, but then so are ours. We were without eligible starters (U23's) Lewis Ward, Archie Collins, Jack Sparkes, Jayden Richardson (played against Cambridge), Randell Williams, and up and coming Ben Chrisene.

Also on the audio commentary Lee Holmes was reckoning last night's display in the second half was the best he has seen from our U23's in his time with us.

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Some lovely football played by our youngsters. Worked hard and kept shape all through the game.
Our defending and pressure from the front also seemed to dispirit their back line and meant our forward players grew in confidence as the game progressed.
Another good shift from Matty Jay too holding the ball and laying it off on the edge of their box.

WXF

It's a ploy by the club to get the Grimsby game replayed, a bit like asking for another Brexit referendum, because the original result wasn't what you wanted!!!!
Perhaps, but many are now urging a second referendum to stop the political anarchy and achieve informed consent from the electorate. With a match we all know at the final whistle how many points our team has won or if it has progressed to the next round. As soon as leavers are presented with a tangible form of Brexit their coalition falls apart (e.g. many ERG members saying May’s deal is worse than remaining, others advocating a ‘closer partnership’ with the EU, and Farage saying a no deal Brexit is now the only valid form of Brexit). It’s partly why the vision for leave that was put forward in the referendum was vague and at times contradictory (cakism), otherwise leave prob wouldn’t have won. The Cameron Government didn’t fill the void and come up with a plan for leaving the EU because in its eyes leave was never supposed to win. The UK is now trapped unable to honour the referendum.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anyways the football. The 360 version

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting penalty decision makes you wonder how Jayden Rischardson didn't get one on Saturday. Two words I suppose B H