• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Predict L2 2018/19

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
End of February update:

With the table now taking on something of a more settled look as we head towards the home straight, so too do we see some stability at the top of the table, with D_Lo_ maintaining a 12 point lead at the top with 112. Jointly following behind on 124 are Greyhound and mustangspeed2006 before another 4 point gap to speedyflo and InMyBlood.

At the bottom contrabombarde is still adrift but at least under 200 again with 196, with Red & White on 184 and scottus86 on 182.

No clubs are matching our median prediction and their actual place, a couple (Cheltenham and Yeovil) are one place out each. Notts County continue to be the biggest upset, placing 24th with a median prediction of 2nd. Other poor predictions are Bury (actual 2nd, predicted 15th), Forest Green (actual 7th, predicted 20th) and Port Vale (actual 22nd, predicted 11th).

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Heading into the final month and a bit of the season and we have a new leader - mustangspeed2006 moving into pole position on 118. Last month's leader D_Lo_ has dropped to 2nd with 122, with speedyflo and CC joint 3rd on 128.

Still comfortably propping up the table is contrabombarde with 202. Billy The Fish is next up on 186 with Stuffy on 182.

Colchester in 8th are the only side doing exactly as predicted in terms of median position. The roll of shame for our punditry skills is: Bury (actual 3rd, predicted 15th), Forest Green (actual 6th, predicted 20th) and Notts County (actual 23rd, predicted 2nd).

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Heading into the final month and a bit of the season and we have a new leader - mustangspeed2006 moving into pole position on 118. Last month's leader D_Lo_ has dropped to 2nd with 122, with speedyflo and CC joint 3rd on 128.

Still comfortably propping up the table is contrabombarde with 202. Billy The Fish is next up on 186 with Stuffy on 182.

Colchester in 8th are the only side doing exactly as predicted in terms of median position. The roll of shame for our punditry skills is: Bury (actual 3rd, predicted 15th), Forest Green (actual 6th, predicted 20th) and Notts County (actual 23rd, predicted 2nd).
You mean I'm not winning??

contrabombarde

You mean I'm not winning??
No way! I have 202 points which is the most so I think I am winning ;)

Alistair20000

POLITE ENQUIRY

Dear Jason

Unlike on some other threads will you be publishing a full leader board at the end of the season ?

Just interested like.

Yours aye

IndoMike

No way! I have 202 points which is the most so I think I am winning ;)
Somebody has to win the wooden spoon, CB. You've done well

Alistair20000

Somebody has to win the wooden spoon, CB. You've done well
Wooden spoon may be better than winning. ;)

Does the winner have the onerous task of hosting next season or is it like the The Beat The Bookie thread where (as with membership of the EU) there is no escape ? :S

IndoMike

Wooden spoon may be better than winning. ;)

Does the winner have the onerous task of hosting next season or is it like the The Beat The Bookie thread where (as with membership of the EU) there is no escape ? :S
I have no idea. It's a thankless task. But I do agree it would be a good idea to publish the full league table every month to keep posters more involved. However, I understand that would mean a bit more work for the bloke in charge.

Alistair20000

I have no idea. It's a thankless task. But I do agree it would be a good idea to publish the full league table every month to keep posters more involved. However, I understand that would mean a bit more work for the bloke in charge.
Hence my implied suggestion of end of season/competition table only.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Hence my implied suggestion of end of season/competition table only.
Yes, I misread your post. But I do think a complete monthly update would be good for the thread. Considering that Jason or whoever does the calculations monthly anyway, the workload would be increased by just typing out the names and points. But I do agree that it might be a bit cheeky to ask for that and Jason already does a sterling job.