• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Predict L2 17/18

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Just a note to say the next update will be on Tuesday, after the Easter Monday matches.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
G2K does seem to be a stuck record when it comes to referring to or replying to me.

Anyway:

Due to Jason H dropping like a stone to the bottom half of the table (equal 19th FFS), there will be no update.

Oh, alright then.

Our version of Luton, Billy The Fish, remains out on his own with an extended lead on 94 points. We then have two competitors in joint second, EX4 6PX and Grecian-on-Tyne on 110 points. There is a further four point gap to Frustrated Grecian and Banksy on 114.

Our version of Barnet, on the other hand, is ecfc70, who continues to prop up the table on 158. Our Swiss international, Terryhall, is on 154 while Anonymous currently wishes to remain so with 152.

There are three teams whose actual and median predicted places are identical: Carlisle (10th), Luton (1st) and Swindon (7th).

On the other hand, there are four teams whose actual places are 10 or more places away from predicted: Accrington (actual 2nd, predicted 15th), Chesterfield (actual 23rd, predicted 11th), Crawley (actual 11th, predicted 21st) and Notts County (actual 4th, predicted 14th).
I could have sworn that I was winning. Shurely shome mishtake?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I could have sworn that I was winning. Shurely shome mishtake?
No, last month you were on 132.

Calculating this month's update, up shortly...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
April (plus Easter Monday) update:

Although he has tailed off somewhat in terms of his points total, Billy The Fish remains clear leader on 104 points. Joint second are Frustrated Grecian and Grecian-on-Tyne with 116 points, so the gap has closed but only slightly. Banksy and EX4 6PX are next in line on 118.

At the other end of the table, ecfc70 remains bottom with 154, but it's now just two points up to Anonymous on 152.

There is now just one team whose median place and actual place are identical - Lincoln (6th).

On the other hand, there are three teams whose predicted and actual places are 10+ apart: Accrington (predicted 15th, actual 1st), Chesterfield (predicted 11th, actual 23rd) and Newport (predicted 22nd, actual 12th).

ecfc70

I'm hopeful I can hold out for the wooden spoon

IndoMike

No, last month you were on 132.

Calculating this month's update, up shortly...
I was just joking , but thanks. I will always treasure my personalised update. 132 ??!!

Alistair20000

I wonder which two teams I've got completely wrong? Normally misread what's happening at a club!

1 Coventry
2 Mansfield
3 Luton
4 Exeter
5 Forest Green
6 Stevenage
7 Chesterfield
8 Colchester
9 Swindon
10 Wycombe
11 Lincoln
12 Carlisle
13 Cambridge
14 Grimsby
15 Cheltenham
16 Port Vale
17 Notts County
18 Yeovil
19 Crewe
20 Barnet
21 Crawley
22 Newport
23 Morecambe
24 Accrington
More than a couple of shockers in there Hants, especially Accy (facepalm)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
More than a couple of shockers in there Hants, especially Accy (facepalm)
I did that with Doncaster Rovers last season!

Alistair20000

I did that with Doncaster Rovers last season!
Sadly I missed joining this competition. Would be pretty confident of being in contention for a nice wooden spoon had I been in. :)

StroudGrecian

Sadly I missed joining this competition. Would be pretty confident of being in contention for a nice wooden spoon had I been in. :)
I imagine I would have won it, depending on what points system was being employed, natch.