• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Predict L2 17/18

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
End of January update (no full table this month!):

With some teams moving into less predicted positions there has been a bit of a drop off in the scoring this month. Billy The Fish is back out on his own with 98 points, with Grecian-on-Tyne up to second, again despite a higher score than last month (108). The big mover has been Pobbop, equal 20th last month, 3rd this with 112 points.

Poor ol' ecfc70 remains anchored to the bottom with 156 points, eight adrift of Red & White and Grecian's The Word on 148.

Three teams are now doing exactly as median predictions state: Luton (1st), Stevenage (14th) and Swindon (7th).

Likewise there are three teams where the median prediction is more than 10 positions off actual: Chesterfield (predicted 11th, actual 22nd), Newport (predicted 22nd, actual 10th) and Notts County (predicted 14th, actual 3rd).

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not a "bump" (honest!) just a reminder that there will be an update after tonight's match.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bump away Jase, I'm quite happy.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bump away Jase, I'm quite happy.
Just what Boris, Jacob and "Call Me Dave" used to say to their Old Etonian fags.

Alistair20000

Behave G2K :D It suggests our Jase went to Eton and did a bit of fagging :eek:

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
G2K does seem to be a stuck record when it comes to referring to or replying to me.

Anyway:

Due to Jason H dropping like a stone to the bottom half of the table (equal 19th FFS), there will be no update.

Oh, alright then.

Our version of Luton, Billy The Fish, remains out on his own with an extended lead on 94 points. We then have two competitors in joint second, EX4 6PX and Grecian-on-Tyne on 110 points. There is a further four point gap to Frustrated Grecian and Banksy on 114.

Our version of Barnet, on the other hand, is ecfc70, who continues to prop up the table on 158. Our Swiss international, Terryhall, is on 154 while Anonymous currently wishes to remain so with 152.

There are three teams whose actual and median predicted places are identical: Carlisle (10th), Luton (1st) and Swindon (7th).

On the other hand, there are four teams whose actual places are 10 or more places away from predicted: Accrington (actual 2nd, predicted 15th), Chesterfield (actual 23rd, predicted 11th), Crawley (actual 11th, predicted 21st) and Notts County (actual 4th, predicted 14th).

ExeterCityLad

Today is the final day for entries, so if you haven't already predicted, please do so by 3pm!
Any leniency for late arrivals?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure it would be entirely fair to allow entries three quarters of the way through the season!

ExeterCityLad

Worth a try...

Banksy

Equal fourth at three quarters through , Can't see me maintaining the pace unfortunately let alone overhauling the super Fish , but I'll settle for that.

Last edited: