• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pre Season

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A couple of seasons ago we played one of the worst nil all draws at FGR on the last weekend before the L1 season ...

The week later they played far better against leeds ...

dont read too much into PSFs ...

berniesworld

Most pre season games are c@rp and are just used as a fitness builder, too many substitutions and unknown triallists.

The game tomorrow against Derby at least should shape the team to start at Stevenage, It will be more of a proper reflection of what Tis is thinking about (no doubt he has already chosen his starting 11 for August 6th)

I think we can trust him by now...............................lol

ecfc2000

A couple of seasons ago we played one of the worst nil all draws at FGR on the last weekend before the L1 season ...

I was at that FGR game and we fielded all the kids with only Bertie and Artur being first teamers there.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Some of us went down to Three Bridges instead and watcedh the youngsters play. Norwood making his debut. Won 7-1. A good time was had by all.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
pre season is sh*te.....

when we lose 3-0 to stevenage i will worry....which we wont.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was at that FGR game and we fielded all the kids with only Bertie and Artur being first teamers there.
no you weren't...artur hadn't even joined us back then...jonah was motm by miles keeping it scoreless...

Red Monster

With our pitch being out of action until tomorrow we've been limited who we could play in
friendlies, no Premier or Championship side would want to play us on there own ground,
no other L1 team would play another in a PSF, not sure a L2 side would think playing us
would bring in any revenue either.

Last edited:

ecfc2000

no you weren't...artur hadn't even joined us back then...jonah was motm by miles keeping it scoreless...
I must be thinking of last seasons PSF. Still, we were bloody awful.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its more a case of that the first teamers have not had much game time. PSF results dont matter, what does is match fitness and our boys have had precious little time to get match fit.

FAN-TATIC

Well, today's the day the 'big boy's have their Kwik Fit!

Looking forward to it myself. How will Artur do? Is Bauza the new Harley? Can Coles last 90 minutes? Will McNish flatter only to fail? Can Nicohols play at this level? Was the Torquay PSF just a one- off bad performance or our we fooked ?

Not one if these questions will be answered today. In 46 League games time we will have the answers to all of them. League football is a marathon not a sprint. Bring it on! I'm here for the whole 'race' not only the start.

As they say: it's not where you start it's where you finish! Or something line that.