• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City. FA Cup first round. Matchday thread.

Ash

Key back at right sided centre-back then. Diabete not even on bench. Hmm.
Must have aggravated his injury again I'd have thought?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think they should keep Politic out of football!

arthur

Trying out two in midfield plus one behind the strikers again. If this is unsuccessful I imagine GC will stick with the three in midfield, as at Argyle, for the foreseeable future

Ash

I'm all for playing the Dream Team up front but if I was Harry Kite I'd be more than a little p!$$ed off being left on the bench after the performance he put in on Monday night.
Yeah, Dieng seems the natural choice.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm all for playing the Dream Team up front but if I was Harry Kite I'd be more than a little p!$$ed off being left on the bench after the performance he put in on Monday night.
He won't be pssed off if he hasn't fully shaken off the problem which caused him to be subbed on Monday though.

Squeezebox

Is commentary on ifollow or not today? ok just come up!

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Port vale making seven changes while we are as strong as we have available. Don’t know loads about their squad and they may have stronger bench options than us but can’t see any reason we can’t get a positive result today.

Decent team but with 3 central defenders STILL injured it’s not ideal. Bench looks fairly weak ,then you realise that’s it, that’s our squad!

No Diabate for us, but no Wilson for them. Not so concerned now and hopefully defence will be tight and not concede.