• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale (H) ticketing arrangements

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
If he has been able to purchase legitimate away end tickets then I am inclined support his request for reimbursement as that is clearly an error on our Club's part. If his tickets were for the home end then tough titty.
The Club will listen to what he has to say.
Let's see if he has details and receipts.

Something noticably missing from his long running Currys story on Twitter.

Colesman Ballz

If he has been able to purchase legitimate away end tickets then I am inclined support his request for reimbursement as that is clearly an error on our Club's part. If his tickets were for the home end then tough titty.
Surely he can get a replacement ticket from Vale, if he is on their priority list. Surely the only legal responsibility we have under the conditions which the tickets are sold under, is to refund his ticket cost. I would treat any other expenses with extreme scepticism, and would demand full proof. Do we even know the numbers of tickets sold in error ? You are potentially setting a precedent that could "open a whole can of worms" ?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely he can get a replacement ticket from Vale, if he is on their priority list. Surely the only legal responsibility we have under the conditions which the tickets are sold under, is to refund his ticket cost. I would treat any other expenses with extreme scepticism, and would demand full proof. Do we even know the numbers of tickets sold in error ? You are potentially setting a precedent that could "open a whole can of worms" ?
Don't disagree with any of what you have said. And agree with Spoonz that more detail is needed here. I'm just suggesting that as a Supporter Owned club we have a higher moral duty to look into this further.

andrew p long

of course he gets the price of his ticket refunded. And he may well have a chance of getting a match ticket from Vale when the tickets go on sale.

And even if he did arrange hotel and travel in the brief period between buying the tickets from the website and this morning, and he has documentary proof, then there will be plenty of opportunities to offload them to Vale supporters who do get tickets. Chances of anyone suffering any actual loss in these circumstances are minimal.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The geezer needs to take a look at Clause 9. In short, he's entitled to his money back for the cost of the ticket but nowt else.

fred binneys head

I do think the club’s press release should have contained an apology.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do think the club’s press release should have contained an apology.
I wouldn't disagree but can't seem to find the club's press release anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction?