• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another just-don't-mention-it-on-the-doorsteps moment perhaps? 2024's second referendum.
Maybe

DB9

Another just-don't-mention-it-on-the-doorsteps moment perhaps? 2024's second referendum.
Genuine question, What 2nd referendum?

arthur

I conclude that a number of exewebers do not see themselves as self-defining. Ah well it's your loss.
I don't particularly wish to self define thank you. If you do, that's fine, but I have better things to do with my time than be interested in how you feel about yourself

arthur

You can't on the one hand say that the Brexit issue has been detoxoified and people have moved on from it and on the other say that it will be a defining issue at the next election. The people who still worship Brexit are all Tories or Reform anyway....

DB9

You can't on the one hand say that the Brexit issue has been detoxoified and people have moved on from it and on the other say that it will be a defining issue at the next election. The people who still worship Brexit are all Tories or Reform anyway....
I think Thursday's vote on the Windsor Framework showed who's (And how many) still want to go on about it, Just the DUP and a few Tory MP's who kept telling us that got Brexit done but voted to try and keep it undone.

lamrobhero

What is factual about the statement "Trans women are women"?
Words do not have intrinsic meaning their meaning is constructed by reference to a paradigm or to context. But lets not worry about that lets have a gotcha moment - Nicola
Sturgeon does not know what a woman is. Ha. Ha.

arthur

I think Thursday's vote on the Windsor Framework showed who's (And how many) still want to go on about it, Just the DUP and a few Tory MP's who kept telling us that got Brexit done but voted to try and keep it undone.
And your average floating voter might not clutch their pearls when reminded that Starmer supported a confirmatory referendum. In fact they might reply "Well if we'd had one, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now". But Jinx isn't interested in your average floating voter, just those who share his obsessions, who he assumes are the majority of the electorate...

arthur

Words do not have intrinsic meaning their meaning is constructed by reference to a paradigm or to context. But lets not worry about that lets have a gotcha moment - Nicola
Sturgeon does not know what a woman is. Ha. Ha.
It's nothing to do with gotcha moments, it's about thinking things through and the implications of adopting simplistic notions to show what a nice, right on, non discriminationatory person you are. I blame the education system, too much focus on passing tests and exams, not enough on developing critical thinking...

lamrobhero

It's nothing to do with gotcha moments, it's about thinking things through and the implications of adopting simplistic notions to show what a nice, right on, non discriminationatory person you are. I blame the education system, too much focus on passing tests and exams, not enough on developing critical thinking...
Is J. P. Satre a critical thinker? Because that is from whom at least in part my ideas on this have come from.

Alistair20000

Is J. P. Satre a critical thinker? Because that is from whom at least in part my ideas on this have come from.
Sartre was an over brained leftie tw*t

Other reading recommended

Just a thought like.