• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is always the Left's retort, a short sighted one too imho. I never said it was an easy sell. It of course depends if you believe in trickle down economics. Which I do.
Ah yes, just believe. A bit like believing trans women are women... When politics becomes about articles of faith rather than than reasoned, evidence based discussion there will inevitably be tears before bedtime...

Grecian2K

It of course depends if you believe in trickle down economics. Which I do.
Sadly, your party's definition of "trickle down economics" is to dribble p!ss onto the poorest until they give up and drown. 😓

A jig in which, I'm sure, YOU'D enjoy joining!

elginCity

No doubt Bubbles will be along shortly to reassure us all that trickle down economics is pure snake oil salesmanship, as any economist worth their salt would do. Prof Minford isn't qualified !

Grecian2K

Bubbles????
You've got me puzzled there, Elgy.

Colesman Ballz

Bubbles????
You've got me puzzled there, Elgy.
Me too, not sure what Wacko Jacko's old pet chimp has to do with anything ? :unsure:

elginCity

Certainly not referring to a chimp. That said, the gentleman is a supporter of this government turning the country into a banana republic, so you do have to wonder !

Although appearing to be a keen right wing Brexity type, his economic views tend to be more moderate, unlike the Jinx, so would be interesting to know his take on ‘trickle down’ economics ideology. Suspect he’ll think it snake oil, but you never know.

angelic upstart

Is always the Left's retort, a short sighted one too imho. I never said it was an easy sell. It of course depends if you believe in trickle down economics. Which I do.
You believe in trickle down in a global economy? Please remember that the UK mostly buys stuff, from outside of the UK.
How would it work?

tavyred

Is there anyone out there who believes that Sunak possesses the political backbone to withdraw the U.K. from the ECHR as is being reported?
Nah. 🤷‍♂️

tavyred

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Think a lot of people need to listen to that, Spoke well and tbh it's how the vast majority think. The bit about the professor if true needing to be "Re-educated" is scary. There is a saying that goes something like "The oppressed becoming the oppressor" very apt nowadays, One last thing, Why is Lincoln being attacked if that is true?