• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Give it up Liz, you blew it. 🙄
She did, but a lot of Trussonomics makes sense.

A big problem for her was that most of the MPs wanted Sunak instead as PM.

DB9

A big problem for her was that most of the MPs wanted Sunak instead as PM.
No they didn't, The markets reacted to them in the way they did, Now her saying they're and Ecomonists are "Left Wing" Jeez, Never knew those that work in the markets and City of London were Communists! :rolleyes:

I will however agree that Sunak was the MP's preffered choice.

arthur

Tavy and Jinx no doubt delighted that the metropolitan liberal elite has been cut down to size... The fact that these are the places that develop covid vaccines and conduct ground breaking research into ovarian and breast cancer is, of course, a minor inconvenience and a price worth paying for our post Brexit freedoms..

arthur

Like giving rich people, who have a low marginal propensity to spend, tax cuts will stimulate the economy?

Mr Jinx

Like giving rich people, who have a low marginal propensity to spend, tax cuts will stimulate the economy?
Is always the Left's retort, a short sighted one too imho. I never said it was an easy sell. It of course depends if you believe in trickle down economics. Which I do.

DB9

Is always the Left's retort, a short sighted one too imho. I never said it was an easy sell. It of course depends if you believe in trickle down economics. Which I do.
Which has been proved to never work, Make the rich richer and they keep their cash.

elginCity

Well worth 15 mins on a lazy Sunday. One of the super rich debunking Trussononics ….

Grecian2K

Poor old Jigzy. 😥
I fear he's spent far too long in his little far-right "echo chamber" that real life has finally left his building.

Still, he's still got Dizzi Lizzi to fawn to, and her tagline: "At
last a true Conservative budget"...even the Daily Heil has swiftly repined from that one.

Perhaps he should sell off his luxury metropolitan abode and retire to a distant Caledonian bothy with his soulmates Neil Oliver and David Icke, where they could all retire in relative peace, spitting gobules of vitriol at Ms Sturgeon and bemoaning where it all went so wrong.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Neil Oliver
Anyone who described Alex Salmond as a "round wrecking-ball of a man" can't be all bad.

Grecian2K

Anyone who described Alex Salmond as a "round wrecking-ball of a man" can't be all bad.
In the same sense that, back in the days of the black death, Yersinia Pepsi's did it's heroic best to at least temporarily reduce unemployment amongst the peasent classes?