• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi Joe, basically all that happens is although Boris has agreed to go, he wont be replaced until a new leader is chosen.
It might not be as straightforward as that. See post 39206

Mr Jinx

I did always say that Carrie was a car crash waiting to happen.

wrt an exit date...I think he'll want to make sure he surpasses Theresa May's tenure in number of days.

Once Gove had withdrawn support and was sacked, there was no way back.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Rejoice, rejoice.

Reactions: DB9

arthur

I did always say that Carrie was a car crash waiting to happen.
Of course, it was always woman's fault leading a good man astray with her lustful feminine wiles. Have you thought of joining the Taliban?

arthur

If Johnnson is to carry on, he needs to appoint an almost entirely new government as most of his old one has resigned. Will this happen?

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Time for Labour to push for a General Election, its hard at the moment to see the Conservatives being able to muster a decent opposition let alone Government.

It's difficult to predict just how much damage Boris has done to the Conservative brand...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
If Johnnson is to carry on, he needs to appoint an almost entirely new government as most of his old one has resigned. Will this happen?
He may talk about wanting to stay on as caretaker, but I can't see how he can. I think he'll be properly out by this time next week, presumably Raab as caretaker.

Mr Jinx

Of course, it was always woman's fault leading a good man astray with her lustful feminine wiles. Have you thought of joining the Taliban?
Well, if you want to split hairs, yes it was Boris's fault for getting involved with someone who was politically active.

Most PM's partners in the past have taken a back seat. Carrie was very much not that. Which got Cummings' back up for one...and that was the beginning of the fault line.

Last edited:

Average Joe

When Boris read out his agenda surely it was a party agreement on what they wanted to deliver so changing the leader rather then the party wouldn't really change much would it? As far as i'm aware Boris has always said he is sticking to his agenda originally agreed.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

It might not be as straightforward as that. See post 39206
That's the problem with an unwritten constitution.. which is constantly being overridden