• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Far too many other things to do than make my own marmalade Art..😁

arthur

Some of the takes on here re. beergate and partygate respectively are so one eyed it’s getting embarrassing and maybe even bordering on the ridiculous.
You're supposed to be ignoring me....

Grecian2K

Some of the takes on here re. beergate and partygate respectively are so one eyed it’s getting embarrassing and maybe even bordering on the ridiculous.
Pots & Kettles!!! 🤷‍♂️

Grecian2K

You're supposed to be ignoring me....
Another broken Tory promise?

arthur

Michelle O'Neill to talk to Tory MPs today. I wonder if they'll listen:

I think it’s really important that ... we take this opportunity to put across the fact that, a number of things I suppose, firstly that the democratic outcome of the election must be respected, that the British government need to stop pandering to the DUP, that the DUP’s voice does not reflect the wider view at home.

The reality is that the protocol is working. The reality is the business community at home want to see economic certainty. They want clarity around what’s next.

And the fact that the approach of Liz Truss and Boris Johnson in terms of unilateral action is not what’s wanted. So I think it’s really, really important that we drive that message home, that we give that different perspective. And actually, I will go even further to say that true perspective actually of what’s happening on the ground.

I'd repeat the point I made earlier - Johnson's government was happy to ignore the DUP when it passed the EU Withdrawal Bill and the Trade Deal (at either end of 2020), but now suddenly the views of the DUP are of paramount importance.

arthur

Are you an assiduous baker of bread and preparer of home made preserves art ?

Magic Grandpa earned plaudits for his home made strawberry jam; or so I read.
Marmalade every year Al, if that qualifies as assiduous. Jam occasionally.

Bread baking dependent on the available retail offer. At the moment I have access to wholemeal bread far superior to anything I've made, but I fear the onward march of sourdough may imperil future availability. Very similar to craft beer threatening to wipe out proper beer....

Banksy

Every time I see this thread title I think ‘ Yes indeed he is , but he’s still here so the joke must be on us.’

Alistair20000

Marmalade every year Al, if that qualifies as assiduous. Jam occasionally.

Bread baking dependent on the available retail offer. At the moment I have access to wholemeal bread far superior to anything I've made, but I fear the onward march of sourdough may imperil future availability. Very similar to craft beer threatening to wipe out proper beer....
Good stuff art................apart from your twisting the knife somewhat in connection with my crass ignorance about craft beers :)

Alistair20000

So is the Met incompetent or is the Establishment circling the wagons to spare Big Dog.... as far as is possible ? Or both ?

Discuss

IndoMike

Haha. Bill and Ben still desperately trying to swim against the tide. You gotta laugh. What was the name of those 2 blokes up in the boxes in the Muppets?
I guess they just haven't noticed the reams and reams of press coverage of Johnson's disrespectful behaviour to the people of the UK. Even the Daily Bile
weakened for a moment a few weeks ago, but then got a kick up their arse by their Tory owner.
The Tory pantomime continues. Johnson is a bit weird though. Doesn't he realise that we all know that whatever he spouts is garbage. Delusional, like his fan club.
Not long now, guys. Raab for PM ! :ROFLMAO: