• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are you an assiduous baker of bread and preparer of home made preserves art ?

Magic Grandpa earned plaudits for his home made strawberry jam; or so I read.

IndoMike

No, of course there is absolutely no difference between having a bottle of beer with your meal and attending a well organised pi$$ up. You are ridiculous
Poor old Johnson. He is desperate to avoid getting the boot but is becoming somewhat cornered and running out of lies. Those who believe that Partygate is a trivial matter clearly
cannot understand how seriously it is viewed by those who followed Johnson's own rules strictly, resulting in them not being being able to visit dying loved ones in hospital or confused parents in care homes, or to attend funerals of family and friends, or even less serious matters such as marriages et al. Have people forgotten the sacrifices doctors and nurses and other essential workers made dealing with Covid cases, working all hours, separated from their families, and sometimes dying of Covid?
It's unconscionable that some people defend Johnson breaking his own rules, thereby showing such disrespect to all of those who sacrificed during covid.
It says more about his defenders than anything else : and what it is saying is not very complimentary, to say the least. What goes round, comes round.

IndoMike

Are you referring to Ant of this parish ? :)
Well, I wasn't, but I can see how you got that idea..

arthur

Interesting that Tavy's mate Dan Hodges, who did such a fine job for the Mail going after Starmer, is not exactly holding back on "Boris"

IndoMike

Could be, only he needs a suitable distraction for Sue Grey Day.

Obviously 'ol bloodhound-eyes had a bad hair day.

IndoMike

Interesting that Tavy's mate Dan Hodges, who did such a fine job for the Mail going after Starmer, is not exactly holding back on "Boris"

On the basis that he and Pretty Vacant have horse-whipped Metpol into the cap-doffing position - a rare subservient position which can also be found in the Karma Sutra.

arthur

The Daily Mail, which worked itself into a terrible froth for days on end about a man having a bottle of beer, obviously doesn't feel these latest revelations are of any importance whatsoever

FTegcIgXEAMzvSG.jpg

Mr Jinx

No, of course there is absolutely no difference between having a bottle of beer with your meal and attending a well organised pi$$ up. You are ridiculous
Twisted both to their extremes there I see. Unsurprising, however.

I would say Must Try Harder...but I think you did your hardest there.

Last edited:

tavyred

Twisted both to their extremes there I see. Unsurprising, however.

I would say Must Try Harder...but I think you did your hardest there.
Some of the takes on here re. beergate and partygate respectively are so one eyed it’s getting embarrassing and maybe even bordering on the ridiculous.

Mr Jinx

Sri Lanka's green organic revolution is going really well I see.