Politics Today

tavyred

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree with you there Al but for AR its not happening, She is being judged by those things you've mentioned.
.......or being judged when she calls her political opponents “scum”? 🤷‍♂️

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Totally agree with you there Al but for AR its not happening, She is being judged by those things you've mentioned.
Not by me DB. She needs to seriously up her game.

Now Rachel Reeves does impress me. It was wise of Sir Keith to follow my advice and replace the useless Anneliese Dodds with her. :)

AR could start by looking at RR's way of doing things.

DB9

Not by me DB. She needs to seriously up her game.

Now Rachel Reeves does impress me. It was wise of Sir Keith to follow my advice and replace the useless Anneliese Dodds with her. :)

AR could start by looking at RR's way of doing things.
For me when she does PMQ's she can very much hold her own and shows she can up her game.

tavyred

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep can agree about that but surely you can't judge her on that? "Tank Top Bumboys, Letterboxes, Pickanickies" were all said publiclly by our now PM but hardly anyone mentions that. 🤷‍♂️
All those legitimate and oft used criticisms of BJ, but SKS knows outside of her hard left fans, she can’t be using that sort of language.

DB9

All those legitimate and oft used criticisms of BJ, but SKS knows outside of her hard left fans, she can’t be using that sort of language.
I'm not defending her using that word Tavy, I'm just saying others have used terms that aren't the best and i think she gets are hard time because of her roots.

Grecian2K

Strange how in certain quarters, while calling political rivals "scum" is claimed to be grievously offensive, referring to a member of the opposition as a "gobsh!te" seems to be regarded as perfectly acceptable. 🤔
#doublestandards

Reactions: DB9

Rosencrantz

Well-known Exeweb poster
As far as those on social media go I think it is often a mix of class and misogyny or old fashioned sexism to a lesser extent in the way some are attacked. Jess Phillips gets the same kind of attention mostly for no more than she is a woman who says what she thinks in a loud Brummie accent. I like her straight talking and passion, at least you are sure she means what she says even if you might not always agree. Whether that is PM material or not, she is an MP who I would be happy to have more of.