• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
We’ll never know that of course. This pandemic has made and continues to make fools of most leaders that I can see. TM like BJ would’ve have still been lumbered with Jeremy Hunt’s next to useless contingency plan for pandemics that was unhelpfully based on seasonal flu. Frau Merkel was the ‘second-coming’ after the first wave she’s leaving a bit of a clusterfeck (by German standards) now unfortunately.
I thought TM’s tearful farewell from the steps of Number 10 was cringeworthy and not befitting a great nation like the U.K.
Don't you know Tavey, Everyone is supposed to cry now, Its the in thing!

tavyred

Don't you know Tavey, Everyone is supposed to cry now, Its the in thing!
I suppose so.
I thought her performance was highly embarrassing for her and the country.

DB9

I suppose so.
I thought her performance was highly embarrassing for her and the country.
The farewell speech or her tenure? 🤣

Mr Jinx

I thought TM’s tearful farewell from the steps of Number 10 was cringeworthy and not befitting a great nation like the U.K.
Yes it was, but it shouldn't have come to that. She should've resigned the morning after the 2017 General Election.

elginCity

No, let's not. But she is making a case that she'd have played a better hand wrt covid.
TM would have worn a mask at every presser, as she did in the Commons, standing behind the unambiguous 'Covid Means Covid'. Very much doubt we would have been top of the league in Europe either.

DB9

Looks like this "Party" at No10 is not going away yet and the ructions it's causing seem to be growing. Other news, The Daily Express on their front page calls for the head of a chief FO civil servant after not coming home from his holiday while the Afghan crisis was going on, Not Raab, Who was FS and on holiday too during this time but a Civil servant.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like this "Party" at No10 is not going away yet and the ructions it's causing seem to be growing. Other news, The Daily Express on their front page calls for the head of a chief FO civil servant after not coming home from his holiday while the Afghan crisis was going on, Not Raab, Who was FS and on holiday too during this time but a Civil servant.
To be fair, Raab already lost his job ss FS, albeit parachuting into another one.

Re. the party, it seems like it's one of those things that of they'd just fronted up and admitted the whole story of, everyone would have forgotten about it. Instead they seem to have denied it, then avoided denying it, and are back to denying it again.

Like everything else I'm sure Johnson will bounce back from it in the short to medium term. We'll wait and see if there are long term repercussions.

DB9

To be fair, Raab already lost his job ss FS, albeit parachuting into another one.

Re. the party, it seems like it's one of those things that of they'd just fronted up and admitted the whole story of, everyone would have forgotten about it. Instead they seem to have denied it, then avoided denying it, and are back to denying it again.

Like everything else I'm sure Johnson will bounce back from it in the short to medium term. We'll wait and see if there are long term repercussions.
Didn't have the DE demanding his resignation at the time though, As for the party, Its like at the moment a drip, drip of incompetence and down right lies with that drip getting more and more It would have been better if Johnson admitted there was one and when ge found out he censured those involved, It wasn't like Johnson was there but to deny it happened like the rest of the Cabinet when questioned, it stinks on the one rule for them etc.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't have the DE demanding his resignation at the time though, As for the party, Its like at the moment a drip, drip of incompetence and down right lies with that drip getting more and more It would have been better if Johnson admitted there was one and when ge found out he censured those involved, It wasn't like Johnson was there but to deny it happened like the rest of the Cabinet when questioned, it stinks on the one rule for them etc.
Indeed. If he wasn't there he could have easily come clean and blamed it on a patsy. And I see Javid has cancelled a planned appearance on the BBC this morning with no replacement. Smells of getting their stories straight prior to PMQs.

DB9

Indeed. If he wasn't there he could have easily come clean and blamed it on a patsy. And I see Javid has cancelled a planned appearance on the BBC this morning with no replacement. Smells of getting their stories straight prior to PMQs.
Apparently no Government Minister are doing any rounds on Breakfast TV for interviews (That was as of 7am and could of changed by now) on any main channel.