• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Any imagined grievance by a lunatic minority about ‘freedom and sovereignty’ is dwarfed by the economic reality of the ‘English subsidy’ AU.
Most of them actually view the U.K. as their own country and have no problem with it of course.
Actually, they don't. They view their own individual countries as "their country" and the UK as a marriage of convenience that offers mutual benefits. Bit like the EU. :ROFLMAO:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't believe I'm praising the government again, but well done to them for doing the right thing rather than the populist thing when it comes to drugs, and emphasising treatment and recovery over criminalisation.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can't believe I'm praising the government again, but well done to them for doing the right thing rather than the populist thing when it comes to drugs, and emphasising treatment and recovery over criminalisation.
It's common sense though. The "war" on drugs was a huge failure and was lost more than 30 years ago.

Oldsmobile-88

I’m dreading the Nurses outfit stage 😁

F8C5014B-509E-424B-A88D-17088142E698.jpeg

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's common sense though. The "war" on drugs was a huge failure and was lost more than 30 years ago.
It is, but people want "tough on crime". Or at least the noisy ones do.

Mr Jinx

I see Mrs May is quite rightly bashing the current Government over their Omicrom pantwetting. You go girl!

In came new broom Javid giving it the large with all his bullish talk. Along comes a new variant (as they will every 6 months or so until the end of time) and he goes and hides down the back of a sofa whilst crying for his mummy.

Hilarious.

tonykellowfan

Actually, they don't. They view their own individual countries as "their country" and the UK as a marriage of convenience that offers mutual benefits. Bit like the EU. :ROFLMAO:
This is true up to a point, however the different nations of the UK are very closely bound together as many many people in the UK have family members from the different nations and/or have friends or colleagues from the different nations. Dividing up the UK is much more difficult than leaving the EU.

tavyred

The terminally useless and tin eared TM is doing what a few bitter and twisted ex-leaders do when they decide to hang around parliament like a bad smell after their time has come and gone, and that’s not waste any opportunity to put the boot in.
Let’s not forget how bad a PM she was.

Mr Jinx

The terminally useless and tin eared TM is doing what a few bitter and twisted ex-leaders do when they decide to hang around parliament like a bad smell after their time has come and gone, and that’s not waste any opportunity to put the boot in.
Let’s not forget how bad a PM she was.
No, let's not. But she is making a case that she'd have played a better hand wrt covid.

tavyred

No, let's not. But she is making a case that she'd have played a better hand wrt covid.
We’ll never know that of course. This pandemic has made and continues to make fools of most leaders that I can see. TM like BJ would’ve have still been lumbered with Jeremy Hunt’s next to useless contingency plan for pandemics that was unhelpfully based on seasonal flu. Frau Merkel was the ‘second-coming’ after the first wave she’s leaving a bit of a clusterfeck (by German standards) now unfortunately.
I thought TM’s tearful farewell from the steps of Number 10 was cringeworthy and not befitting a great nation like the U.K.