• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
With the recent drop in infections it looks like the hapless Starmer and crew’s latest attempt to ‘game’ the pandemic (for political advantage) is going the way of his previous attempts.
Its getting unfathomable as to how bad the current opposition is.
What I find unfathomable is how you think any opposition would look at government inaction in the face of rising numbers and go "na, not going to mention that".

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mike, you had a great opportunity to say so much, and you only managed to say that you can grow concrete. Oh my days

Attachments

tavyred

What I find unfathomable is how you think any opposition would look at government inaction in the face of rising numbers and go "na, not going to mention that".
Is it inaction or just the government restating their position that the data (specifically hospitalisations and deaths) does not support the activation of ‘plan B’ yet?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it inaction or just the government restating their position that the data (specifically hospitalisations and deaths) does not support the activation of ‘plan B’ yet?
Inaction is still inaction, regardless of the reason they give.

Grecian2K

Mr Speaker quite rightly berating fishi-Rishi for leaking more that a South West Water effluent treatment plant!
Whatever happened to the age old, and honourable, tradition of "Budget Purdah"?
Parliament treated yet again with utmost contempt by this rotten "government" whose only priority is keeping in favour with a handful of their bestest right wing media cronies.

Alistair20000

Leaking is not confined to this government. The Reverend Blair actually honed it to a fine art.

Sir Lindsay Hoyle is of course right but fook all will change.

Grecian2K

Leaking is not confined to this government. The Reverend Blair actually honed it to a fine art.

Sir Lindsay Hoyle is of course right but fook all will change.
Who knows though?

Shock, horror but arch-Brexiteer David Davis actually supporting his erstwhile political "enemy" (remember her, the recipient of death threats for her support for remain?) over concerns about how this maladministration continues to drive roughshod over our fundamental legal rights.

And even penning his article in the "evil Gruniad"!

Who'd have even thunk it?!
A well reasoned and extremely thoughtful article, well worth the read.Even though Mr D & my views are usually diametrically opposed on most things, on this occasion I doff my hat and salute him for being brave enough to "speak the truth unto a band of fibbers"

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Another U-turn?
New legal duty promised over sewage as Lords forces issue - BBC News
Or merely a U-bend??
Perhaps useless Eustice has suddenly had a Damascene realisation that his precious Cornish majority might be washed away on a surfing wave of raw sewage come the next election.
Affluence vs effluence? - discuss!

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's a hypothetical for you, Britain Elects reckon that based on current polling a GE tomorrow would result in a Conservative majority of 4. In those circumstances, should/would Johnson carry on?

tavyred

Here's a hypothetical for you, Britain Elects reckon that based on current polling a GE tomorrow would result in a Conservative majority of 4. In those circumstances, should/would Johnson carry on?
Are you asking if a PM should resign on winning a majority at a GE?