• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our so called government in-waiting.šŸ˜
Angela Rayner at a conference fringe event last night. šŸ‘‡

ā€œIā€™m sick of shouting from the sidelines, and i bet youse lot are too. We cannot get any worse than a bunch of scum, homophobic, racist, mysoginistic, absolute pile ā€¦of banana republicā€¦Etonianā€¦piece of scumā€¦and I held back a littleā€¦that I have ever seen in my lifeā€
Whilst she maybe factually correct unfortunately it doesn't gain floating voters or inspire anyone in either side except corbynites.

Last edited:
Reactions: DB9

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed, Shouting her mouth off doesn't bode well, Mind she's not the first. "Tank top bum boys" or "Picanikis with large lips" or similar have been said in the past by others.
That said, a conservative mp James gray did suggest that a bomb should be planted in Annaliese Dodds office. Needless to say the the left wing media hasn't really mentioned it.

You'd think party conferences and bombs were a no go zone for the conservatives. Yet more examples of how low British politics has sunk.

DB9

That said, a conservative mp James gray did suggest that a bomb should be planted in Annaliese Dodds office. Needless to say the the left wing media hasn't really mentioned it.

You'd think party conferences and bombs were a no go zone for the conservatives. Yet more examples of how low British politics has sunk.
Whatever side you're on, You'd like to think our politicians and MP's are above this but all too often sadly not.

angelic upstart

Whatever side you're on, You'd like to think our politicians and MP's are above this but all too often sadly not.
My patience with the big two left many years ago and won't be back anytime soon. I'm happy enough with that as I can snipe from the sidelines easily.

Alistair20000

An utterly contemptible and crass remark from Gray. How feckinā€™ stupid are these people ? :mad:

From a Tory perspective they should be happy that Anneliese Dodds stays in her various posts as she is so hopelessly useless.

DB9

And just to add to Labour's woes, Starmer has said it was wrong that one of his MP''s Rosie Duffield said that "Only women have a cervix" This is a road you really don't want to go down.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
And just to add to Labour's woes, Starmer has said it was wrong that one of his MP''s Rosie Duffield said that "Only women have a cervix" This is a road you really don't want to go down.
Good for him. Nice to see him getting off the fence, even if it might be unpopular with some people. She's wrong anyway; regardless of how she feels about the issue the law of the land says otherwise.

DB9

Good for him. Nice to see him getting off the fence, even if it might be unpopular with some people. She's wrong anyway; regardless of how she feels about the issue the law of the land says otherwise.
What law is that?

Grecian2K

Good on Angie-baby for saying it like it is! We need to see a bit of real passion from the "opposition" rather than the increasingly craven kow-towing by SKS.

I had high hopes at first for the Labour leader but he may as well now just "cross the house" and join his real soul mates on the right.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
What law is that?
Gender Recognition Act 2004