• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Tedburn St Mary Feudal and Reactionary party is always looking for new members
I'm guessing that only members of the nobility are accepted? Otherwise I might sign up.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
"This meeting is called to order.
Lend me your ears"
"Spoonz E Weaver
YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY HERE!"

Oldsmobile-88

Climate activists of one persuasion or another have been trying to get the public on side for decades, and achieved next to nothing. Sure we recycle a bit more, but when it comes to election day it's not high on people's priority lists. XR have decided to try a different tactic.
I think the majority of the public are onside with the aims of Climate Action protests,it’s some of the hypocrisy that does the damage.
China increased coal production by 10% last year in a already huge market in that country,because the world is addicted to the commerce from that part of the world there seems to be a reluctance to tackle them head on.
Meanwhile in the UK that contributes about 1% of Carbon being pumped into the worlds atmosphere households are being hit by regressive green levies that will undoubtably increase going forward,usually subsidising wealthy people to have solar panels.

The daft decision to encourage diesel cars about 15 years ago is one of those decisions that has backfired in the UK & Europe when most people knew they were bad for the environment,but hey who cares,you get more MPG.
Little wonder the general public can be a bit ambivalent to climate change at times.

Oldsmobile-88

No guarantee that Chinese leader Xi Jinping is turning up for Cop26 or even if there will be a Chinese delegation...Waste of frigging time if they are not there.

Alistair20000

No guarantee that Chinese leader Xi Jinping is turning up for Cop26 or even if there will be a Chinese delegation...Waste of frigging time if they are not there.
Even if he rocks up China will not do anything constructive

tavyred

Then China needs to be shamed into doing the right thing for our planet. The world is seemingly quite happy to heap opprobrium on western democracies for their record on environmental issues, let’s see them do the same with China.

Mr Jinx

Then China needs to be shamed into doing the right thing for our planet. The world is seemingly quite happy to heap opprobrium on western democracies for their record on environmental issues, let’s see them do the same with China.
Yes, they need to be. But won't be, sadly.

Every time I think I should be doing something good for the environment, a big part of me thinks what's the point (because China).

Grecian2K

Yes, they need to be. But won't be, sadly.

Every time I think I should be doing something good for the environment, a big part of me thinks what's the point (because China).
Thought you were telling us that they were all over here already?

Oldsmobile-88

If the Uk has a very cold winter,the policy of accelerated decommissioning of Coal Power Stations quicker than anywhere else in the world might bite the Tory government in the arse.

Mr Jinx

Thought you were telling us that they were all over here already?
won't be long mate