• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
…..a bullsh*tter with a plan….
Not according to Classic Dom, who’s now on the record as saying the bullshitter has no plan, he’s winging it.

Who to believe, Tav, eh ? Doesn’t matter though, they can rely on your support regardless. 😂

angelic upstart

It strikes me the same folks who tried to question the moral and intellectual fibre of the average Brexit voter, are continuing that tactic with those who support BJ in this post Brexit era. It didn’t work then, I don’t suppose it’ll work this time.
Most voters realise BJ is a perennial bullsh*tter and vote for him anyway.
Mostly, I think you're right with this. Let's just hope the PM can deliver a little of what's expected by the country.

In an ideal world he would be able to stop some of the partisanship between the "sides" but I think that's a pipe dream at the moment.

tavyred

Tavares, you’ve supported the ‘perennial bullshitter’ for 5 years now, so how can you be sure that ‘levelling up’ is not yet more codswallop ? If it is, would you continue to support him ?

I know he ‘got it done’ and all that, but your support is not unconditional, is it ?
Like a lot of the electorate now i’ll judge him (and the rest) at the next GE and vote accordingly.

C j phill

Pretty easy to get it done if you're just going to agree to any old thing, with the intention of later not doing any of what you've agreed to and demanding it be renegotiated. I bet Theresa May is kicking herself for trying to do a deal in good faith, when she should have just lied her way through it.
This is the crux of Brexit. Johnson and Frost were desperate to agree a deal by the deadline date, to sell to the electorate and say they had got things done, which they successfully (?) did. The Northern Ireland and North Sea Border were trade problems that were clear at the time, with minimal chance of successful resolution. With hindsight, we should have expected that Johnson and Frost would revert to type, and simply ignore the deal they agreed and signed, once the trade problems became clear.

Of course, these issues will be solved and our economy saved, once past the pandemic, by the fantastic trade deals Truss will arrange and Johnson will sign......although if I was a Country negotiating with the current Government, I'd make sure the agreements were legally tight, before completing. It will be interesting to read the details of any trade deal we make with the US, to see who the net benefactor is and what the impact will be on our agriculture and trade sectors.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I imagine there'll be some rearing up on this thread at the prospect of Cameron D. signing for City.

DB9

There really are some prats around, They are only doing their job you numpties!

DB9

End of an era for Honda Swindon on Friday.

elginCity

End of an era for Honda Swindon on Friday.

It is, another consequence of Brexit, as confirmed by a Japanese commentator interviewed on the radio this morning.

Unlike Exeter, in this town a majority voted to leave, and good ol Stuffers et al celebrated the decision. Whether it proves to be a Pyrrhic victory remains to be seen, but for the thousands of households directly, and indirectly affected by Honda leaving, let’s hope not.

DB9

It is, another consequence of Brexit, as confirmed by a Japanese commentator interviewed on the radio this morning.

Unlike Exeter, in this town a majority voted to leave, and good ol Stuffers et al celebrated the decision. Whether it proves to be a Pyrrhic victory remains to be seen, but for the thousands of households directly, and indirectly affected by Honda leaving, let’s hope not.
Swindon still have BMW there that produce's Mini components for their Cowley plant, That may increase and need workers soon? I do find it sad when a big company like Honda who pays well shuts a plant down, They really took a risk back in the day setting up here when our car manufacturing and quality was really not that good, Probably got a Government grant but it gave the people of Swindon good steady well paid work and a lot of jobs too in the supply chain too.

dontpassback

There may well be more jobs in the south west,that are car related.evidently lithium has been found in Cornwall,and a representative from Elon musks company was in the Bridgwater area looking at suitable sites to build a battery building plant(how accurate the last part is i am not sure,but lithium has definitely been found in Cornwall. so there maybe some credence to it )