• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is the answer Auf Wiedersehen Pet ?

IndoMike

We had noticed.
The problem is that those who try to court sympathy or popularity constantly on here become unstuck sometimes. Hypocrisy in extremis.

I am totally right to condemn the post about Greta: it was unfair, unethical and cowardly to do that. She is a young, autistic girl
who protested about global warming. That does not mean she is a spoilt brat or does not care about the poor around the world and to imply that with unfair comparisons is cheap and distasteful.

Pathetic that a group of ageing men (Trump, presumably some posters on this thread, et al) see fit to criticise this young girl : perhaps it's envy that she has achieved far more in her short life than they ever will.

Yes, damn right I have a right to my opinion and support her : she doesn't have the right of reply on Exeweb, does she?

tavyred

Good to hear what a lot of us already knew, white privilege simply does not exist in the English education system.

Poorer white pupils neglected for decades, say MPs https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-57558746

IndoMike

Nothing false about any of my accusations. I believe in civilised discourse unless I come up against other posters who take advantage of my innate politeness. I do find you one of the most odiously OTT posters on here so I do try and ignore you as much as possible. Which is a shame as on occasions I find your stuff quite witty.
Let’s do more than agree to differ G2K, how about we just ignore each other?
Don't fight over me , lads.
I'm a big boy and can take the rough stuff. Like a mosquito buzzing over my head I just squat it
If a poster moralizes on one page and on the next falls off his moral perch I am not the least concerned about drawing his attention to that. He who insults must expect similar treatment.

DB9

Good to hear what a lot of us already knew, white privilege simply does not exist in the English education system.

Poorer white pupils neglected for decades, say MPs https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-57558746
You do realise Tavy this report will be castigated within 24 hrs? 🤔

tavyred

Yep.
One of the things we know when we start talking about disadvantaged working class white folks, is that it strangely provokes a reaction from the advocates for other communities.
It’s as if those people covet the status of other communities as the perennially disadvantaged and cannot bear unworthy interlopers (as they see it) coming in and stealing their victimhood.
Good to see the conversation being had though. 👍

DB9

Yep.
One of the things we know when we start talking about disadvantaged working class white folks, is that it strangely provokes a reaction from the advocates for other communities.
It’s as if those people covet the status of other communities as the perennially disadvantaged and cannot bear unworthy interlopers (as they see it) coming in and stealing their victimhood.
Good to see the conversation being had though. 👍
The conversation needs to be had, This is about "Class" IMHO, If you're born on a skank housing estate without a settled family within the home, You will struggle to move up, When growing up how many on here heard the term "They live on this or that estate" or "That's a rough area" Labelled from an early age that they get stuck with. If this Government is serious about levelling up, It needs to start with education.

Oldsmobile-88

Looks like Social Care Reform is being quietly kicked down the road.Any plan will be expensive.

Mr Jinx

It'll be interesting to see if the Wokerrati give Billie Eilish a pass. I expect the Cancel Crew to overlook this one.

We could soon be seeing a defining moment: there's now good racism as well as bad racism.

angelic upstart

It will be, and wrongly. Any issues with white privilege don't happen within the education system. It would happen afterwards. As it happens, I'm not entirely convinced there is white privilege, merely a class system that keeps those at the top, at the top. Everyone else stays below, these things take many years to change and the Koch Brothers chucking money about will have to stop, before it starts.