• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
MAGA

DB9

Having worked alongside the US military in Pensacola, Fl, in Washington, at sea, and here in the UK, I’ve seen first hand their code of honour and ethics that underpins what can often become a messy business defending democracy ( with all its flaws ).

Anyone who has served would recognise that Trump’s ‘values’ would be totally anathema to the military top brass, and would not be surprised by this.

200 in number though - that is one powerful statement of intent.
It is a high number and it is one hell of a statement but they are retired, The ones serving now are loyal to their Commander-in-Chief ie POTUS and the Constitution and at the moment however people don't like him and he does sail really close to the wind he hasn't broke any laws and the Constitution, If he loses in November and wont give up the office and starts making wild claims even if though those claims are false that might be a tipping point to the Military. This election is dirty as hell from both sides, Social Media is firing in wild claims on Trump & Biden and if you look at the views then a lot of people are watching them. We think our elections are dirty, We're total novices compared to the States.

elginCity

It is a high number and it is one hell of a statement but they are retired, The ones serving now are loyal to their Commander-in-Chief...
As serving top brass and personnel cannot air their political views publicly, I’d suggest the opposite to what you claim is more likely.

DB9

As serving top brass and personnel cannot air their political views publicly, I’d suggest the opposite to what you claim is more likely.
They can't but still serve and are loyal to their C in C, Whoever that is

lamrobhero

This election is dirty as hell from both sides,
Trump has all the characterisics of a Tin Pot dictator and acts accordingly. I do struggle with the idea that both sides are equivalent (call it bias if you want). I would be interested to hear of any reprehensible behaviour from the Democratic side that comes close to what Trump does.
A reminder of some issues:
President Donald Trump Postmaster Downgrading Of Political Mail Draws Scorn | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC
Voter Suppression Still Occurs, 55 years After Voting Rights Act | The Last Word | MSNBC

elginCity

They can't but still serve and are loyal to their C in C, Whoever that is
Don't confuse 'loyalty' and 'obedience' !

tavyred

Trump has all the characterisics of a Tin Pot dictator and acts accordingly. I do struggle with the idea that both sides are equivalent (call it bias if you want). I would be interested to hear of any reprehensible behaviour from the Democratic side that comes close to what Trump does.
President Donald Trump Postmaster Downgrading Of Political Mail Draws Scorn | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC
Voter Suppression Still Occurs, 55 years After Voting Rights Act | The Last Word | MSNBC
MSNBC has you hook, line and sinker I notice. 🙄

DB9

Don't confuse 'loyalty' and 'obedience' !
My view (Which can be wrong of course) is that the Military serve the people and defend the flag, As POTUS Trump represents the people and to an extent the flag as he was democratly elected in, So yes they are loyal to him and whoever is next time.

IndoMike

Or a Mafia boss..

IndoMike

My view (Which can be wrong of course) is that the Military serve the people and defend the flag, As POTUS Trump represents the people and to an extent the flag as he was democratly elected in, So yes they are loyal to him and whoever is next time.
They are not loyal to Trump. They are loyal to the constitution. They can't be loyal to a bloke who toys with their constitution.
America is not Trump. The flag is not Trump.