• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is that the best counter argument you can come up with, Al ?

The clock is ticking - how is any kind of Brexit going to be of benefit to the majority of folk on these islands ? Lay out the plan, man ! I've been asking you for 5 years now, and as I say, the clock is ticking.

If you counter this with "But I'll be alright, Jack, as I'm mitigating 'Lord' Lebedev's tax burden" I shall boycott your quiz ! :)
Just a bit of light banter Elgers. :) I used to love the EU's mother the EC. Would not be quite right to get into bed with the daughter mind. I am not Alan Clarke and am wary of covens.

Laying out all the Brexit plans is well above my pay grade guv ;) and ethics prevent me acting for dodgy Russians.

As regards the Quiz, your reminder is timely. I need to get on with sourcing some more questions. A 10 pointer monster leading to "elginCity" is currently with the question consultant for approval.

This is step 9

Last edited:

IndoMike

The war's nearly over, Tavares. Pincer movement by the Germans to the east, and the Irish to the west has fatally exposed the Brexit donkey's total lack of planning, and foresight, as superbly illustrated above. Johnson has only two options now - to take us over the edge, or backtrack.

For this war I can't envisage another Democrat POTUS and Congress pitching up in support, especially once an Irishman is at the helm. I shouldn't pin your hopes on German car manufacturers either, you'll be disappointed.

Brexit is a busted flush.
Trump doesn"t do anything unless it's in his own interest survival. God forbid he wins the next election, but if he does he'll.have a free rein and no fear of going to the nick
He's not interested in "mutual friendship".
Any deal made with the Yanks will be totally in their favour - Trump will.kick sand in our face. It will be take it or leave it : Johnson will take anything to say he has a deal with the US.
I'm afraid that the UK will slip into the League of Also Rans. Like it or not, the future is China - who we also will have to sell our soul to. Not being a member of a large influential group by definition reduces our influence politically and our economy. Which country is going to pay any attention to Johnson blabbing on about this or that?

elginCity

God forbid he wins the next election.....
Seriously, can't imagine it. He had 3 million fewer votes last time despite the novelty of himself, and the MAGA lolboks. The lazy Dems will be mobilised, minorities, liberals and women loathe the man. The Electoral College surely won't make the same mistake twice ie elect this POTUS with another and increased minority popular vote.

Shirley not ! :)

lamrobhero

Seriously, can't imagine it. He had 3 million fewer votes last time despite the novelty of himself, and the MAGA lolboks. The lazy Dems will be mobilised, minorities, liberals and women loathe the man. The Electoral College surely won't make the same mistake twice ie elect this POTUS with another and increased minority popular vote.

His path(s) to victory are voter suppression and/or refusing to accept the result and going to the US Supreme Court.

Trump Declines To Commit To A Peaceful Transfer Of Power | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC

IndoMike

You would sincerely hope not, but he's trying to weaken the US Mail service and create a huge backlog - experts all say that postal voting favours the Democrats . You can be sure that he has more tricks up his sleeve, probably including legal ones.
And then if it takes a lot of time for the postal votes to come in while he is still ahead in the counting he will claim victory. Plus he has Barr in his pocket : having the AG in your pocket could be extremely useful
If Trump loses there are various court cases waiting for him - some very serious.
I just can't see him walking away in peace.
It's a concern that he might externally or internally create a very dangerous situation.

Mr Jinx

The lazy Dems will be mobilised, minorities, liberals and women loathe the man.
Yep, that's what we were all hearing last time round.

The new Dem cry: MCGA

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

Alistair20000

Yep, that's what we were all hearing last time round.

The new Dem cry: MCGA
Prince Harry now on the campaign trail with his woke scripts crafted by Me Me Me Meghan

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harry seems more and more like a ventriloquist's dummy. :(

Alistair20000

Harry seems more and more like a ventriloquist's dummy. :(
True sadly. :(