• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
That compounded with having to deal with a new baby and a hormonal plate-throwing new mother.
Is that why he was rumoured to have a black eye ?

Rosencrantz

What's happened to Raab? He was PM for 6 weeks but not been seen or heard from since

I know Covid isn't his brief but as the deputy PM, you'd think he'd be more visible, not least over Brexit?

Perhaps the plan is to usher Cummins into somewhere where they weigh the Tory vote and just give him the job officially 🙄
He is in the US or he was yesterday at least trying to explain to Nancy Pelosi that something he hasn't read fully is not under threat.

DB9

He is in the US or he was yesterday at least trying to explain to Nancy Pelosi that something he hasn't read fully is not under threat.

Face palm emoji needed here I think! 😠

Rosencrantz

Could be our next PM with attention to detail like that ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

IndoMike

I think Boris. thought he could bathe in glory after Brexit and live off that for the next 4 years. Unfortunately things didn't work out that way and he has as to deal with a grave situation. For a bloke that takes life lightly to say the least he probably thinks he didn't sign on for this.

Unfortunately if Gove takes over we'll be stuck with Cummings and things can only get worse. It will be a better organised autocracy

IndoMike

"It's a vital constitutional document" which he hasn't read thoroughly. Jesus wept.

DB9

"It's a vital constitutional document" which he hasn't read thoroughly. Jesus wept.
That would be par for the course when they rushed through the WA and wouldn't let Parliament discuss it and a few months later IDS read the small print and didn't like what he saw but he was one of those who wanted it rushed through.

lamrobhero

Once again I point to the historic deals signed between Israel and the UAE and Bahrain. If your news viewing is confined to CNN or MSNBC you may not be aware that this has actually happened as they're now so entrenched that they refuse to broadcast anything that presents the Donald in a positive light.
Here is some MSNBC new coverage of this:
Trump’s United Arab Emirates Deal Betrays The Palestinians | MSNBC
Quite rightly it focuses on the real issue.

I guess the positives from Trump's point of view are? He can sell arms to these countries? He can use them as military bases? It bolsters an alliance against Iran?

The real bias is that the voice of the powerless and the disenfranchised is not heard. To its credit MSNBC tries to do that. If that is bias then I think that we need more of it.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re. Grayling's new job........a quote from the BBC's article:

"The appointment has been approved by a Whitehall watchdog despite it raising concerns of a "perceived risk" that it may give the firm an unfair advantage."

Somebody has a sense of humour.

Grecian2K

Re. Grayling's new job........a quote from the BBC's article:

"The appointment has been approved by a Whitehall watchdog despite it raising concerns of a "perceived risk" that it may give the firm an unfair advantage."

Somebody has a sense of humour.
But surely it's against the law to 'dis' the Grayling? (Especially where the word "advantage" is concerned?
Any criticism of the dome-headed dunce and he'll unleash his imaginary armada of shipping vessels against you.