• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Grayling's pension fund doing very nicely!

£100,000 per annum for just 7 hours week a week. Nice "work" if you can get it.
Mind you, with Flailing Grayling on board I do fear for the future of the ports at Harwich and Felixstowe.

Alistair20000

The Torygraph has been openly hostile towards its former employee throughout the Covid crisis, mind.

I think Jinxy is right about Boris' personal ambitions in terms of wishing to leave a legacy, but whispers I've heard are that he is still suffering big time from the long-term effects of the severity of his fight with Covid, and that ill health could force an early retirement (March is a date I was told).
Thanks Jason.

I think Boris still looks quite ill.

Get Brexit done and retire on a high in the sense that the General Election 2019 was in essence a Brexit election. Whatever the mess of Covid that was not part of the manifesto, nobody will come out of it well so that may be seen as "neutral" and he would have a legacy of sorts. Compare legacyless Teaser.

He can also earn some more big money to pay off his divorce.

So, let debate commence on the successor. :)

Gove too weird.

Raab & Patel too lightweight

The Dish: the expected successor often falls by the wayside. Think John Moore, Heseltine.

Hancock's Half Hour ? Haw haw haw

IndoMike

£100,000 per annum for just 7 hours week a week. Nice "work" if you can get it.
Mind you, with Flailing Grayling on board I do fear for the future of the ports at Harwich and Felixstowe.

Plus a few quid on the side maybe for future services rendered ...nudge nudge wink wink.
Grayling being levelled up and up...Perhaps he'll start to pay back the millions of quid he has cost the country
This is one of the things that is very wrong with our country, but nobody cares, which is disconcerting. Jobs for the boys is rife

Last edited:

Alistair20000

What really gets my goat is the amount of exposure they give Krankie. I hear more of her voice on beeb airways than I do Johnson & Starmer put together.

Scotland, with its population that is around half that of London's, gets way more airtime than it deserves. I couldn't even tell you who is first minister of Wales or NI. Scotland gets more MPs than it should and is totally over-represented in the HOC. I mean you have Na h-Eileanan an Iar with its 21,000 constituents whose voters have a vote that is 5 times more powerful than those living on the Isle of Wight. Get those boundary changes in already Borisdalethorpe!
Totally agree concerning Wee Jimmy Krankie Jinxy. Where is the forensic questioning of her on the appalling record of the SNP in government ?

The over representation of Scotland in Westminster has been a disgrace for too many years but forget the boundary review; just let them p*ss off and be independent, paying their own bills. The Union is an outdated fossil.

Alistair20000

Grayling's pension fund doing very nicely!

Amazing how dead beats are rewarded for failure. :mad:

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's happened to Raab? He was PM for 6 weeks but not been seen or heard from since

I know Covid isn't his brief but as the deputy PM, you'd think he'd be more visible, not least over Brexit?

Perhaps the plan is to usher Cummins into somewhere where they weigh the Tory vote and just give him the job officially 🙄

Mr Jinx

but whispers I've heard are that he is still suffering big time from the long-term effects of the severity of his fight with Covid, and that ill health could force an early retirement (March is a date I was told).
That compounded with having to deal with a new baby and a hormonal plate-throwing new mother.

Guess we'll be seeing PM Gove shortly then. Given his slapdown of bawbag earlier in the week, I reckon he's the man.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That compounded with having to deal with a new baby and a hormonal plate-throwing new mother.

Guess we'll be seeing PM Gove shortly then. Given his slapdown of bawbag earlier in the week, I reckon he's the man.
Who is bawbag?

Grecian2K

the expected successor often falls by the wayside. Think John Moore, Heseltine.
The way he still keeps managing to "fall upwards" my money's on flailing Grayling to be the surprise package! :ROFLMAO:

Alistair20000

The way he still keeps managing to "fall upwards" my money's on flailing Grayling to be the surprise package! :ROFLMAO:
Norfolk enchants :)