• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

please tell me Why Exeter City without Paul Tisdale be any better than it is now.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly so. They ain't about to find fault with the team, tactics or manager. If you're looking for a 'warts and all' match report you'll have to go elsewhere.
Official match reports can't though, can they? Can you imagine if you made a mistake at work and your employer publishing a report on your company's web page that said you were sh*te - it's not going to happen on City's page either. Plus, whilst being a largely factual account of what happened, it should also try to find a least some positive spin on things to try and attract its readers to attend the next home game.

PeteUSA

Official match reports can't though, can they? Can you imagine if you made a mistake at work and your employer publishing a report on your company's web page that said you were sh*te - it's not going to happen on City's page either. Plus, whilst being a largely factual account of what happened, it should also try to find a least some positive spin on things to try and attract its readers to attend the next home game.
Is that why you got the bullet from doing the OS match reports Moxey - failing to apply enough positive spin?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
You are quite right Antony.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is that why you got the bullet from doing the OS match reports Moxey - failing to apply enough positive spin?
You may be right Peter.

;)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ha, just yesterday I was trawling the Exeweb archives and came upon the thread about the infamous Hayes & Yeading PSF, where I got a right hammering on these boards for daring to tell it like it was. Of course, in those days because it was fans like you and I writing the reports they could be a bit more "fans' eye view", I said at the time if the club wants a sanitised version of events they can pay someone to do it, but I'm not Sky Sports where every match is a classic.

Antony Moxey

You'll have to do better than that Pete.

PeteUSA

You'll have to do better than that Pete.
I have to admit I'm joking, and have to give credit where its due. You had a journalistic way like no other, with the Devon rural input, particularly when you did the match reports on here, before you got the OS gig. I just wish you wouldnt be a ***** so much! Lifes to short! You must around 48 now?

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

You must around 48 now?
Yeah, but I look much younger.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Yeah, but I look much younger.
That is a subjective opinion!

Antony Moxey

Pete, you can't even remember when you were 48 so perhaps you're not the best placed to comment!